Singapore Meet - 7 September 2013.
Jun 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #271 of 642
Just got back from Taiwan. Haven't had a chance to visit head-fi in some time but it's good to see this thread is still active. I really want to join in September but I will be in Cape Town during the proposed date. Will add myself to the google spreadsheet regardless. Hope everyone has fun and it's great to see our own little sub-community blossoming in our little red dot!

Well the date is still tentative but September was chosen based on the variety of options. We could in theory make it slightly earlier or later depending on response.

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #273 of 642
Well the date is still tentative but September was chosen based on the variety of options. We could in theory make it slightly earlier or later depending on response.

My calendar is forever changing so it would be a bit selfish for me to recommend a date, as I might have to travel out-of-the-blue at any moment.

However I really feel that an event like this could bring some of the SG and maybe MY members out from the woodwork. I think if it could be pulled off, we could really grow the community. Eventually it would be great if we could get industry support. I even see bigger events, modding and make-your-own-cable workshops, talks and panel discussions... The sky is the limit!

Got to start somewhere tho. Wish I could make this one but hope there will be more to come :)

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #274 of 642
Quote:
My calendar is forever changing so it would be a bit selfish for me to recommend a date, as I might have to travel out-of-the-blue at any moment.

However I really feel that an event like this could bring some of the SG and maybe MY members out from the woodwork. I think if it could be pulled off, we could really grow the community. Eventually it would be great if we could get industry support. I even see bigger events, modding and make-your-own-cable workshops, talks and panel discussions... The sky is the limit!

Got to start somewhere tho. Wish I could make this one but hope there will be more to come
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I'd love to see it go bigger. Apparently the last "official" meet had a fair few and some bigger players were involved. I'm not in contact with them and another interested party will be talking to them. Whether they are interested in this, I don't know. 

I think if people from Malaysia want to come on down too that would be cool. At the moment, I'm just targeting about 20 - 25 people.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #276 of 642
Quote:
will definitely be there if my exchange plans get derailed

went for a mini meet today ~10 people and it was great fun. this would probably be even more exciting
L3000.gif

Good to hear. This was the one at SMU? 

I'll wait till there is confirmation on your plans before placing you into the spreadsheet then. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #279 of 642
Quote:
we had it at e1 in the end
smile_phones.gif

yup i will definitely let you know if i can make it! thanks!

Not a problem. Look forward to that then.

In fact, I might pop a couple of emails out on a location to hold the meet as well in the mean time probably. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #280 of 642
if there is a massive number of participants... can consider a paid venue... each one chip in $5-10 .. is pretty good

this is a yearly HIFI DIY meet noising.. as reference, they rented  The Republic Cultural Centre @ Republic Polytechnic.

and those guys really bring their gigantic speakers along ...

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=131599.0

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #281 of 642
Quote:
if there is a massive number of participants... can consider a paid venue... each one chip in $5-10 .. is pretty good

this is a yearly HIFI DIY meet noising.. as reference, they rented  The Republic Cultural Centre @ Republic Polytechnic.

and those guys really bring their gigantic speakers along ...

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=131599.0

Very nice 
smily_headphones1.gif

Well...will source a venue first quickly and see what we can come up with. I still don't have a firm number of people coming along!

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #282 of 642
Hey! You can count me in for a Singapore meet, I've got my A Levels later in the year but for September I should be able to squeeze in a day for a Head-fi meet! 

I'd be willing to bring along some of my gear (LCD-2 - Pan Am) for others to try, and I'll try to drag along some other audiophile friends of mine :)

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #283 of 642
Quote:
Hey! You can count me in for a Singapore meet, I've got my A Levels later in the year but for September I should be able to squeeze in a day for a Head-fi meet! 

I'd be willing to bring along some of my gear (LCD-2 - Pan Am) for others to try, and I'll try to drag along some other audiophile friends of mine :)

Noted. List will be updated in a bit. 

If you are dragging people along, do let us know as it may have a bearing on the venue etc.

Cheers!

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #284 of 642
Quote:

Noted. List will be updated in a bit. 

If you are dragging people along, do let us know as it may have a bearing on the venue etc.

Cheers!

I think at max I'd be bringing 1 or 2 people, and I haven't been able to get hold of him but I'll see if he can bring his DT770pro's as well :)
Oh and I just saw the google doc, since there aren't that many Audio Technica Headphones, I'll try and bring along my ATH-W1000x as well 

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back