Since they are now official: Nano 4G and iPod Touch 2G Sound Quality Thread
Sep 24, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #286 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also just realized something, I refused to get the Touch 1G because it didn't have a volume rocker, and my 2G has it but I hate using it.

I only use the rocker when I've got the screen off/locked.

Even though I'm using Shure SE530's I'm hoping the new Apple dual-driver remote headphones might end up being good as a 2nd pair for use when I'm out & about purely for the remote ability.

BUT

Are they also coming out with the remote cable type control where you can plug your own headphones into?

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #287 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by psikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they also coming out with the remote cable type control where you can plug your own headphones into?

Now that is a good question. This is something I'd love as I can't really use IEM's, they cause me to have probs w/my ears.

One other thing, I know the regular iPods all can use the radio accessory. My question is can the Touch use it also? I'd love to be able to listen to the radio, and I also use the AOL & Pandora apps. I'm just not always in a location that has wi-fi.

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #288 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that is a good question. This is something I'd love as I can't really use IEM's, they cause me to have probs w/my ears.

One other thing, I know the regular iPods all can use the radio accessory. My question is can the Touch use it also? I'd love to be able to listen to the radio, and I also use the AOL & Pandora apps. I'm just not always in a location that has wi-fi.

The current one is not listed as compatable with the Touch but isn't the new one meant to also add radio support. May have miss-read & can't remember source of info now
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #289 of 461
Never had anything on the screen on my touch 1st gen and not one scratch or mark. I would imagine the second gen is the same type of glass. Hopefully the new nano also. I tried bse on my psp and it was pretty good, could never get all the bubbles out though. But the touch has any easier surface to apply to, so ti should be easier to smooth the bubbles out. Some pics of your applied bse would be nice
smily_headphones1.gif
I have a silicone case on order but if the bse work good for you guys, I might go nude
eek.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #291 of 461
I am really enjoying my 32gb 2nd Gen Touch. Sound quality is quite good in my opinion. I'm using Sennheiser PX100s and sometimes Shure E2Cs.

I'm running mine "naked" and this is one of the reasons I chose to upgrade from my 5th Gen iPod video. It feels good in my hand, slides in and out of my pocket with ease and I can hardly feel it in my pocket. I've been carying it around for about a week and I don't really see much in the way of scratching on the back side and the screen is pristine. Finger prints are pretty much a non issue because they end up getting wiped off while it's in my pocket, LOL!.

I highly recommend the device. It's a great music player/multimedia player with a ton of other cool functionality.

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #294 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by violeta88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone that has a new 2nd generation touch tried playing apple lossless files on it? If so, have there been any problems with audio dropouts and glitches? There seems to be a number of people having issues on apple's forum with apple lossless, and I'm trying to figure out if it's because of a real problem, or just stupid people trying to sync the new ipod with itunes 7, instead of the required version 8. I'm looking into purchasing a second generation touch next week, but 1/3 of my music library is lossless, so if anyone has tried using lossless files with a 2nd gen touch, it would help to hear your comments. Thanks in advance.

--Eric

Yeah, I have a 32gb touch and most of my library is lossless. I get those audio dropouts all the time. Songs that aren't lossless are fine, so I guess I'll have to re-encode until Apple fixes this.

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #295 of 461
Sep 25, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #298 of 461
I have an encode question. What sounds better: Mp3 256kbps VBR or ACC 256kbps VBR (thinking about dropping it to AAC 192kbps VBR)? I'm talking about encodes from FLAC, or ripping straight from CD. No mp3 to AAC crap.

Sep 25, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #300 of 461
yeah: most of the difference would be placebo but there are those who could probably tell a difference. however, no encoder is perfect for every sample. mp3 can outperform any other lossy codec on certain samples and vica versa. i have never been disappointed with mp3 or aac. ogg and other for that matter too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back