Since they are now official: Nano 4G and iPod Touch 2G Sound Quality Thread
Sep 15, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #91 of 461
Just had the chance to test out a new 8GB nano at the Apple store today with my SF5pros.

It sounds way better than the old nanos. The bass is much richer than before, and the mids and highs are clearer than older incarnations of the nano. The back of it actually isn't as curved as I thought it looked on the website, so strapping an amplifier to it shouldn't be a big problem. Its still not Cowon D2 good in that the highs sound a bit rolled off, but is now definitely an iPod that I could recommend to people.

So tempted to put an order down for a 16GB model right now
tongue.gif

The colors aren't as brigh in person compared to the apple pictures either. The yellow is ugly in person...

Sep 15, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #93 of 461
What I mean was that the treble isn't as nice as the D2, but overall I was quiet impressed. I think that, with an amp, this nano will actually win me over to the dark side....

I should say the accelerometer was very buggy, and Apple needs to fix the sensitivity of it in a firmware update. It rotates to the landscape setting easily, but than it has a hard time recognizing when the nano is fully upright again.

I'm probably going to put an order down for a 16GB at my apple store. What color should I get?
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #94 of 461
im gonna get a red one :p

many of the new colours just seem so... meh??

actually, debating whether to go nano or the touch (notice i didnt say itouch...)

i like the flexibility of using wifi for the touch, which beats the heck out of using my n95 for emergency purposes

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #95 of 461
I'm considering picking up a refurbed 1st gen touch since they can get most of the functionality of the newer ones with the firmware update. Its also cheaper than the 16GB nano I was about to order as well....

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #96 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not as good as the d2? definately stay away as i sold mine as soon as i heard the nano 3g

The 3g nano did sound pretty awful.

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #99 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea how about 1st touch compare with 4G nano in SQ?

The 2nd gen touch & 4th gen Nano are a step forward from the 1st gen Touch. Most significant for me is lots of hiss with my Shure SE530's with 1st gen touch but next to none with the 2nd gen Touch & 4th Gen Nano. Also more apparent bass without EQ with the new ones. Much more pleasing sound all round to my ears.

Sep 15, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #101 of 461
I saw this asked earlier, but no one ever answered and I'm wanting to know as well: Do the 4G Nanos support current LOD's? I assume it's the same connection, just wanting to make sure before purchasing.

Incidentally, what about the 2G Touch, does it support LOD connections?

Thanks! Looking forward to getting a 4G Nano.

Sep 15, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #103 of 461
No 16 gig nanos here yet, but as soon as I get one the first thing I'm gonna do is check out the LO. I have a 1st and 2nd gen nano compare it to (although I really can't tell much of a difference betwix the 2) my son has my 3g nano at collage. I still have a 5.5 gen and touch 1st gen ( which also sound very very similar- except LO on touch sounds better to me). So we shall see, my plan is to use the nano for music and my touch for video- games ect. But it has to match the LO of the touch, because I use an amp when I listen at home (Iqube).

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #104 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering picking up a refurbed 1st gen touch since they can get most of the functionality of the newer ones with the firmware update. Its also cheaper than the 16GB nano I was about to order as well....

That's so funny you say that. I just picked up a 16gb ipod touch 1st gen from someone who didn't really know the value with the second release. Got it for $135 shipped in primo conditio
wink_face.gif
Cheaper than the 8gb nano haha. You just have to find the right deal if you aren't in too much of a hurry.

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #105 of 461

Users who are viewing this thread

Back