Simple Minds on SACD
Jun 15, 2002 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
I just got the best of Simple Minds on SACD, and I just wanted to say...

[size=medium]AWESOME!!![/size]

Finally, they remastered "Theme for Great Cities". I was really worried that it would be one of the two or three remakes they've done of it (which aren't as good as the original, IMHO). It's not, it's the original. It sounds ex-squeeze-it.

Jun 15, 2002 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 8
Dusty
Don't see a SACD player listed in your equipment profile...........how will you listen to this
very_evil_smiley.gif

Actually I would rather have "new gold dream" vs any Simple Minds greatest hits collection I have heard if both are available as SACD

Also when will your webpage have your CD collection posted, enquiring minds want to know......

Jun 15, 2002 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Don't see a SACD player listed in your equipment profile...........how will you listen to this
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oops, I'll have to update that. I have the lowly-yet-not-lowly 775. Quote:

Also when will your webpage have your CD collection posted, enquiring minds want to know......

Uh, yeah, I'll...uh...have to get around to that...currently struggling with CFS, so my life does not consist of much more than sleeping and going to work...

Jun 16, 2002 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
I just got the best of Simple Minds on SACD, and I just wanted to say...

[size=medium]AWESOME!!![/size]

Finally, they remastered "Theme for Great Cities". I was really worried that it would be one of the two or three remakes they've done of it (which aren't as good as the original, IMHO). It's not, it's the original. It sounds ex-squeeze-it.

What label is it on? Where did you purchase it? Thanks.

Jun 16, 2002 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel

Do you need a SACD player or can A SACD recording be played on a normal CD player (I'm just a two-speaker kind of guy)?

Jun 16, 2002 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by DeanA

Do you need a SACD player or can A SACD recording be played on a normal CD player (I'm just a two-speaker kind of guy)?

Yeah, it's an entirely different format, you need a special player. If it's a hybrid SACD, then it'll have a CD layer, and you can play the CD layer on the CD lpayer, but in order to play the SACD layer (hybrid or not), you need a SACD player.

morphsci -- I got an import copy because I wasn't sure it was coming out domestically from eil.com, I have since found out that it is coming out domestically (or came out, not sure). Virgin -- might be different when it comes out domestically, but I doubt it.

Jun 17, 2002 at 8:49 AM Post #8 of 8
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DeanA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For music, I am into 2 speaker vintage Hi-Fi. I just bought the Sony DVP-NS500V SACD player today ($169) so I can have 64 times the sampling rate of regular CDs on my 2 channel tube set up. Search NS500V and read the recent thread started by Tuberoller. Even Jan says SACD sounds more analog...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back