Simple Man's IEM Measurements, Impressions, Ranking of 75+ IEMs!
Dec 29, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #32 of 66
Yamaha EPH200 rated and reviewed. These are amazing little IEMs.
I had the EPH100s (authentic) years ago and thought they sounded great. Sold them off to fund other ventures. I "think" I read somewhere that the only difference between the EPH100s and 200s is the removable cable on the 200s. Is this correct?

Dec 29, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #33 of 66
I had the EPH100s (authentic) years ago and thought they sounded great. Sold them off to fund other ventures. I "think" I read somewhere that the only difference between the EPH100s and 200s is the removable cable on the 200s. Is this correct?
I think no. Joker's review of EPH100 mentions a lift in the mid-bass. Looking at crinacle's EPH100 measurement, they do look similar, but its mid bass quantity is slightly more throughout.
There is definitely no lift in the mid-bass with EPH200. I can't hear it, and the measurement is also in line with what i hear.

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #34 of 66
Finally proper review of these IEMs, Thank you for this as a fan of eph-100s :dt880smile: i have to give them a chance. There was a special timbre with the 100's and a sense of realism. Btw, are the eph-200's drivers vented as it was with eph-100?

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #35 of 66
Btw, are the eph-200's drivers vented as it was with eph-100?
I don't see a vent in the housing. There is a metal notch in the body, but they seem closed:
IMAG4426.jpg

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #38 of 66
"Hears to you" :D

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #40 of 66
Any chance of listing Sony MDR-1AM2?
Chances are slim that i will buy another Over/on ear headphone in the near future. I get more craves for IEMs than headphones.
I'm presently content with my headphone inventory. I might buy the next Grado, if they choose to release a detachable cable version.

Feb 18, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #42 of 66
++ Zero Audio Zirco Pezzo
ZA zirco pezzo.jpg

Initial impressions:
Really enjoying them! Very wide soundstage, left to right. They really spread in the x axis - somewhat monitoresque in presentation.
The bass quantity is just perfect, very fast drivers with zero bass bloat. They dig deep, sub bass comes out with good rumble and tightness. Mids are clear and well separated.
Instrument positioning and separation are distinct - really good.
The highs. The highs, well, they are greatly detailed, and you won't miss anything. The extension is also stellar!
They do get a bit sibilant at times, there is a peak around 7 Khz that shows little mercy. I just had them for a day now and hope they tame over time!

The cables and build are similar to Tenores/Basso. They went for straight jack this time, which is really much more solid and has great strain reliefs. The point where they might break is near the housings. The smooth, tiny housings also force you to tug at the wires to remove them. Not really sure how many quick tugs these can stand!

Zirco Pezzo measurements
ZA Zirco Pezzo LR.JPG

Vs ZA Doppio:
ZA Zirco Pezzo Vs Doppio.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #43 of 66
Measurements of a couple of old JVC IEMs:
JVC's.jpg

JVC HA-FXH10 (green)- the cheapest FXH offering - the JVC series where the micro driver is housed in the nozzle itself. It is a bassy monitor, lacking midrange details and refinement. Decent for the price.
JVC HA-FXH10 LR.JPG

JVC FR65S (white)- esnsy style series. I used to own them many years ago. Loved the detailed sound and the stylish look. The bass is perfect, although the general tone is slightly on the brighter side.
JVC FR65S LR.JPG

After some more eartime i will place them in my ranking list.
Cheers! Stay safe!

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #44 of 66
Azla Azel - Initial impressions & FR curve
A real beauty to behold!
Azel.jpg
Fit is excellent! We get a great seal. Isolation is OK, lets in some external sound due to the rear vents.
The cable is thick, and i don't see these breaking easily! Love em, looks, touch and feel just like Final E5000's.
Housings are solid, sturdy and are made of single two-piece metal (aluminium, i think - they are light).
Excellent build, love the design!

Initial sound impressions based on 30 mins of listening right out of the box:
Bass is on the forefront of the signature. They have great body and punchy attack. Sub-bass rumble is copious. Bass quantity could have been lesser, for my taste.
Mids come out nicely and do not get buried. Vocal timbre is perfect, male and female.
The upper mids and treble stay neutral and smooth, as opposed to sounding aggressive and V-shaped. They have good clarity and detail extraction.
The highs sound breathy and possess an airy quality. Note thickness is perfect!
Soundstage is really good. They have a nice spread in all 3 axes.
Fun sounding without going for a traditional V shaped tuning.
Tonality is somewhat mellow, without sounding overly warm or thick.

Azla Azel LR.JPG
Azla Azel Avg.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back