Simon Cowell says he making the best
Sep 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #17 of 83
We are about to presence the birth of another celebrity endorsed headphone. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #18 of 83
Reading that article makes me sick.

I'm so tired of the overused phrases. Its like listening to a recording while its being made..  here. in the studio!!

and then slaps noise cancelling on it!!

JUST LIKE IN THE STUDIO

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #20 of 83
If the quality of his headphones is anything like the quality of the acts that he supports then god help us all!!

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #24 of 83
Dre's stuff is better recorded than cowells. I mean, how can it not be- cowells xfactor recordings are among the very very worst I've ever come across. 
So how can you figure that these headphones are going to be better than dre's??

One line explanation: the better the headphone, the worse all x-factor/pop-idol tracks are going to sound. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #25 of 83
Any1 actually think this will be any different sounding than XB800/900, well certainly not me. Nah I look forward to XB800/900 that looks BETTER for at least $100 cheaper. xD

The XB800/900 measures with about 10dB bass boost, similar quantity as Beats Studios but probably MUCH better bass quality though. The old XB500/700 featured 15dB boosts though which is too much for any "fidelity" headroom, 10dB is more reasonable, be it still on the heavy side.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #26 of 83
Quote:
Dre's stuff is better recorded than cowells. I mean, how can it not be- cowells xfactor recordings are among the very very worst I've ever come across. 
So how can you figure that these headphones are going to be better than dre's??

One line explanation: the better the headphone, the worse all x-factor/pop-idol tracks are going to sound. 

I don't see how either one's recordings have any direct relevance to some headphones they just put their names on to collect royalty fees. Neither Dr. Dre nor Simon Cowell are electrical engineers. At best they were probably consulted about which was their favorite out of a couple prototypes.

Hell, I would trust the ears of the average head-fier over both of them.

Would I ever buy these in a million years? No.
Do they look 10x the quality of Beats? Yes. Although that's not saying much.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #27 of 83
It would be funny if dr dre's headphones were weak on bass (like bose ae2- it can be done). Why are they spectacularly heavy on bass? Maybe Cos rap and hip hop needs it more than anything other genre I've come across.... Makes sense. 

It would be also funny if headphones branded by simon cowell were very good- as they will show up a dirty secret that is hidden from 99% of xfactor viewers- songs sound like trash. It's quite a shame actually as, well, leona lewis has a fantastic voice and her recordings sound dreadful. It makes her stuff unlistenable on anything above mid-fi gear which is a shame. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #28 of 83
Quote:
It would be funny if dr dre's headphones were weak on bass (like bose ae2- it can be done). Why are they spectacularly heavy on bass? Maybe Cos rap and hip hop needs it more than anything other genre I've come across.... Makes sense. 

What they could do is EQ that extra bass into the music in the studio and then make flat-response Beats. As the gimmick, the flat Beats would automatically alternate between the flat mode and a really bass-heavy mode every 2 minutes or so, so that when the bass mode kicks in, the low end sounds really massive in comparison. Just some ideas for Simon.

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #30 of 83
Quote:

What they could do is EQ that extra bass into the music in the studio.....

If they do this anymore than they already do, holy cow. Imaging them rocking car systems that make the car bounce up and down to bass beats. Any more bass and I wouldn't want to stop at a traffic light near one of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back