similar IEM sound to MTPG?
Nov 16, 2010 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wordfool

100+ Head-Fier
I was a little put off by joker's description of the MTPG as a sonic version of "rocking chair" (hilarious image, however), but it sound like their sound might be for me -- bass emphasis going deep without losing focus in other frequencies and enough high-end sparkle without harshness or sibilance, Sounds like Atrios might also fit the bill. Any others in that price bracket I should consider?

They'll be mainly for alt. rock and electronic music while I'm on the go, so I'm looking for a sound that's bassy with good detail but easy to listen to for hours. I like a more analytical sound at home, but on the go I prefer a musical, fun sound with some "oomph". I would not consider myself a basshead... I just want something like Massive Attack to sound powerful and impactful without being muddy, tentative or hollow! 

Other important factors include good build quality and comfort. I did consider the HJE900 but decided they might be too much at the high end and too much of a mid-bass hump, and by all accounts they are not the most comfortable for straight-down wearing on the go. 

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 5
erm, keeping it under $200 if possible (shoulda mentioned that I'm using open-box MTPGs as a price reference!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back