Simgot IEM discussion thread.
May 1, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #364 of 380
Supermix4 - more sub bass than EA1000, I hope?

That seems to be the case. More bass, less treble.
graph (9).png

Normalized to A4, Supermix 4 looks like a tilted EA1000.

May 1, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #365 of 380
That seems to be the case. More bass, less treble.

Normalized to A4, Supermix 4 looks like a tilted EA1000.
Looks like it. I wish they'd just leave the highs untouched, but add the same amount of sub bass as above.
I guess EA2000 would be the right example for this kind of tuning? Maybe not as much bass as "Sample 4" though?

Attachments

• graph.png
    graph.png
    365.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #366 of 380
Looks like it. I wish they'd just leave the highs untouched, but add the same amount of sub bass as above.
I guess EA2000 would be the right example for this kind of tuning? Maybe not as much bass as "Sample 4" though?

"Right" is kind of subjective. Many people seem enamored of the Mega5est. This seems to be going for something similar.

graph (10).png

I find the Mega5est interesting, but importing it to Europe seems to be not that easy without being murdered by customs.

May 2, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #367 of 380
My next step is hardest ever. Iam not friend with bassy monster like monarch, mest. Dont want acept price like u 12, anihilator. Iam very happy with m11 ess plus 2 but with ea 1000 is on limit. I cant have brighter iem like dita project m on it. Possible is timsok, mega 5 est second hand when is chance. Or start from scratch sell fiio sell ara and bought dx 260 with kinera verdandi or supermoon. I dont know what to do.

May 2, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #368 of 380
My next step is hardest ever. Iam not friend with bassy monster like monarch, mest. Dont want acept price like u 12, anihilator. Iam very happy with m11 ess plus 2 but with ea 1000 is on limit. I cant have brighter iem like dita project m on it. Possible is timsok, mega 5 est second hand when is chance. Or start from scratch sell fiio sell ara and bought dx 260 with kinera verdandi or supermoon. I dont know what to do.
What are you trying to solve with your gear?

I have U12t and DX300, but I have been listening nonstop with HiBy R4 and EA1000. They are fine, not substantially less enjoyable. EA1000 is quite competent.

Otherwise, you might try your luck with neutral warm sets like Aful magic one, aur aurora or 7th acoustic supernova, or yanyin canon 2

May 2, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #369 of 380
I want combination ara with ea 1000 it is this simple. Timsok can be better dx 260 can be wider. Yanyin canon is or was in czech forum for sale but it was 1 generation.

May 2, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #370 of 380
I want combination ara with ea 1000 it is this simple. Timsok can be better dx 260 can be wider. Yanyin canon is or was in czech forum for sale but it was 1 generation.
With all due respect, Ara sounds kinda weird 😂 I really don’t know how to recommend you something similar.

One thing I hear from Ara is that it has very little ear gain but noticeable treble spike. The EA1000 in Harman form has more upper mid and less treble spike. However, if you use the silver nozzle with black filter (the ones with foam inside), you can pull down the upper mid and let treble sizzle comes out.

May 3, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #371 of 380
For me is not weird. On fiio fd5 tips with fiio lc repro cable actualy sound like technicaly stronger ea 1000 touch smoother without ea 1000 openess. In resolution, separation, dificult technical laeyr is class above ea 1000 is even more natural warmer presentation than ea 1000. But it is very tips dependant and dificult to sit in ear. I need give it deeper in ear for smooth efect.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #372 of 380
For me is not weird. On fiio fd5 tips with fiio lc repro cable actualy sound like technicaly stronger ea 1000 touch smoother without ea 1000 openess. In resolution, separation, dificult technical laeyr is class above ea 1000 is even more natural warmer presentation than ea 1000. But it is very tips dependant and dificult to sit in ear. I need give it deeper in ear for smooth efect.
Interesting how we hear so differently. I used to have FD5. It was noticeably less resolving than Blessing 2, though it is quite fun to listen comparing to Blessing 2 thanks to the open back design. EA1000 is in the same class with Blessing 2 to my ears.

Anyhow, have you tried HiBy Project ACE? It’s flat-ish, with bass. Maybe you might like it

May 3, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #374 of 380
Interesting how we hear so differently. I used to have FD5. It was noticeably less resolving than Blessing 2, though it is quite fun to listen comparing to Blessing 2 thanks to the open back design. EA1000 is in the same class with Blessing 2 to my ears.

Anyhow, have you tried HiBy Project ACE? It’s flat-ish, with bass. Maybe you might like it
We dont hear so diferently only ara is little problematic for give top sound and i write about ara not fd5. What i read in czech forum people like realy love timsok ts-316. One member even selling his odin.

May 3, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #375 of 380
We dont hear so diferently only ara is little problematic for give top sound and i write about ara not fd5. What i read in czech forum people like realy love timsok ts-316. One member even selling his odin.
My good pal @Leonarfd also loves his timsok 316.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back