Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Jan 21, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #181 of 393
Hi. What would be the model close to the signature of the ew200 while being an improvement over them? Em6l or ea1000? Other ?

Tanchjim Oxygen.

Simgot EW200 Versus Oxygen.jpg

Tonally they are almost identical (EW200 is a bit hotter in the upper mids, and has less upper treble extension), but the Tanchjim Oxygen is a bit better in imaging, soundstage and timbre.

However, huge diminishing returns abound, and even though the Oxygen costs 4 - 5x more than the EW200, it is not even 2x better. But that's the nature of the hobby, chasing that last 10 - 20% will cost an arm and a leg.

Jan 21, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #182 of 393
Very interesting. Thank you !... And i want to keep arms and legs !

Jan 21, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #183 of 393
The Simgot DEW4x Joins my limited but very enjoyable set of go to dongles.
PXL_20240121_142328201.MP.jpg

Overall out of this group I find the sound of the DEW4x most comparable to the TempoTec E44, being very clean clear and detailed, but with improved note weight and a more expressive bass.

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #184 of 393
I just posted over in the Help/Recommendations forum, but I thought I'd ask here since it's a Simgot thread:

I'm looking for a budget DAP to drive the EA1000, with the following requirements if possible:

1. I'm currently using it on a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" and I wouldn't want the resolution/clarity of the DAP to be any lower than what's currently coming out of a MacBook with a 3.5 jack.

2. I don't have huge EQ needs: to me, the perfect version of the EA1000 is about 3.5 - 2 DB added into lower bass and 2 - 1 DB into lower midrange categories, only when listening to faster/more energetic music genres. The sound stays vibrant, clean and clear while bringing bass forward, all without any distortion or bleeding.

3. Portability is a big one: the smaller and more clippable the DAP, the better, but not at the expense of sounding worse/flatter/more hollow than your typical MacBook.

I don't stream music and I really don't care about the screen, UI, battery, balanced output, etc.

I've been looking at Shanling M0 Pro and Hiby R3 II.

From what I've read over here, Shanling has a warmer sound signature and decent bass which may possibly remove some EQ needs (hopefully without impacting the clean treble and overall instrument separation), while Hiby sounds more neutral but has a better EQ system with MSEB and the rest.

Does anyone have any experience in this department, by any chance?

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #185 of 393
I just posted over in the Help/Recommendations forum, but I thought I'd ask here since it's a Simgot thread:

I'm looking for a budget DAP to drive the EA1000, with the following requirements if possible:

1. I'm currently using it on a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" and I wouldn't want the resolution/clarity of the DAP to be any lower than what's currently coming out of a MacBook with a 3.5 jack.

2. I don't have huge EQ needs: to me, the perfect version of the EA1000 is about 3.5 - 2 DB added into lower bass and 2 - 1 DB into lower midrange categories, only when listening to faster/more energetic music genres. The sound stays vibrant, clean and clear while bringing bass forward, all without any distortion or bleeding.

3. Portability is a big one: the smaller and more clippable the DAP, the better, but not at the expense of sounding worse/flatter/more hollow than your typical MacBook.

I don't stream music and I really don't care about the screen, UI, battery, balanced output, etc.

From what I've read over here, Shanling has a warmer sound signature and decent bass which may possibly remove some EQ needs (hopefully without impacting the clean treble and overall instrument separation), while Hiby sounds more neutral but has a better EQ system with MSEB and the rest.

No experience, but I'd be interested in a similar budget DAP just so I can spend some more money.
Love the EA1000...finally found one that makes my collection feel complete. My brain really likes the clean, clear, crisp sound. I have a couple other warmer IEMs that I enjoy too, but I prefer the EA1000 over those, unless I'm in the mood for a warmer set.

Jan 24, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #186 of 393

M0 Pro and R3 II should be in different bracket. HiBy’s equivalence should be R2 something.

I can personal recommend R3 II. If you go with one, it’s better to get a balanced cable because the balanced out of R3 II sounds a bit better.

Jan 25, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #187 of 393
The SIMGOT DEW4X and QUATTRO is the best!
DSC_0057.jpegas.jpeg

😍The Penon Quattro😍
My gosh, this right at this moment is a highly controversial IEM. Some listeners say you love it on one day and find it lackadaisical on other days. I argue that fact. As I believe it all comes down to power. Meaning most IEMs don’t have 4X DD drivers…..nope the Quattro is unusual that way, and they need juice to come alive. My personal belief is that more juice adds dampening factor which results in better transients. It is the transients which create imaging, I believe. So get great transients and find the imaging resulting in clarity and the Quattro comes out of the fog……to become one of the best under $400.00 IEMs I have ever come across. Match the DEW4X with the Quattro and gain a glimpse of heaven!

The Penon Quattro and DEW4 is the best sounding under $500.00 rig I have ever put in my ears? Just hook it up to a regular phone..........and you're all done.

DSC_0051.jpegs.jpeg

DSC_0050.jpega.jpeg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-dew4x.26983/reviews#review-32799

The SIMGOT DEW4X is solid aluminum CNC routed-out then sandblasted and anodized. Un-like the Shanling UA3, which has one-end made of plastic, also this gets louder than the HiBy R3 II and Shanling UA3........just built like a brick schiit-house! Literally every button, every side wall, every side panel, everything is solid aluminum.

https://www.linsoul.com/products/simgot-dew4x

Jan 25, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #188 of 393
So my first time on this thread. I have the OG Simgot EA500 and loved the OG.
Just received my Simgot EA500 LM this morning. No burn in, will leave it on b-in tonight. Still curiosity killed the cat....so source HiBy R6 III middle gain with the dynamics plug in "DRX10K" adding some more bass dynamics. IMR Pro cable,15mm Penon Blue tips. Not even burned in. Phew that bass....so realistic....big! Very close to the OG EA500, slightly smoother, but the Lithium/Magnesium driver accepts extended bass manipulation. I'm using the silver/red filter solely because that's what I saw I had on the OG EA500. This really is some quality IEM. More to come.

Edit.....$89.....bloody hell......how do they do it?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #190 of 393
No experience, but I'd be interested in a similar budget DAP just so I can spend some more money.
Love the EA1000...finally found one that makes my collection feel complete. My brain really likes the clean, clear, crisp sound. I have a couple other warmer IEMs that I enjoy too, but I prefer the EA1000 over those, unless I'm in the mood for a warmer set.
Tempotec V3 is worth a look. :L3000:

Chinese New Year is coming up so there will be another round of sales on AE. Wait until then, there should be good discounts on older DAPs and some coupons/codes that will stack.

Jan 26, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #192 of 393
Tempotec V3 is worth a look. :L3000:

Chinese New Year is coming up so there will be another round of sales on AE. Wait until then, there should be good discounts on older DAPs and some coupons/codes that will stack.
I've had a short look at Tempotec V3 but I honestly don't see much of a reason to pick it over either the Hiby R3 II or the Shanling. If anything, so far it looks like the Hiby in a different more angular form factor.

As for CNY, definitely waiting for that. I was already anticipating it, and considering we need to order 2 DAPs and some not-too-cheap eartips, it's probably worth it to wait.

Jan 26, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #193 of 393
So my first time on this thread. I have the OG Simgot EA500 and loved the OG.
Just received my Simgot EA500 LM this morning. No burn in, will leave it on b-in tonight. Still curiosity killed the cat....so source HiBy R6 III middle gain with the dynamics plug in "DRX10K" adding some more bass dynamics. IMR Pro cable,15mm Penon Blue tips. Not even burned in. Phew that bass....so realistic....big! Very close to the OG EA500, slightly smoother, but the Lithium/Magnesium driver accepts extended bass manipulation. I'm using the silver/red filter solely because that's what I saw I had on the OG EA500. This really is some quality IEM. More to come.

Edit.....$89.....bloody hell......how do they do it?
So left the Simgot EA500LM burning in last night. This morning I noticed they have a lot of 'AIR' for a single dynamic. Edges of mids and highs are very precise yet no sibilance or grating, so violins have precise edges and width of notes in classical music, as in Romantic Violin favourites Takako Nishizaki on Naxos. Bass has a different quality to many of my other similar priced in that bass is not there just for thump....it is a very detailed bass, yet does have impact, and seems to have it's own Simgot EA quality with a subtle little reverbish quality. Like my Oriveti OD200, you wouldn't call it 'bass-head', yet the bass clearly shows it face in every place it participates. With the dynamics plug-in, DRX10K, of Joe Bloggs, which equalises treble, mids and bass as whole's, the LM driver is in it's element. You can really stretch the bass. Those of you with the appropriate HiBy DAPs are in for a treat with the EA500LM. My ears are are old, but I find the upper-mids and treble areas have no 'grating' qualities at all, but that may be due to age.

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:59 AM Post #194 of 393
Has anyone tried to mod the vents on the EA1000?

I'm asking because on the original EA500, it apparently changed bass quite a bit. The EA1000 has two vents - one near the nozzle, one near the radiator, so I was just wondering if anyone tried to tweak it to see what would happen to the bass.

Disclaimer: I don't necessarily mean to leave the mod on forever, just mod it to see what happens. Presumably the vents are there for a reason (to let the DD vent) so long-term maybe not the best way to keep the IEM safe.

Jan 27, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #195 of 393
So left the Simgot EA500LM burning in last night. This morning I noticed they have a lot of 'AIR' for a single dynamic. Edges of mids and highs are very precise yet no sibilance or grating, so violins have precise edges and width of notes in classical music, as in Romantic Violin favourites Takako Nishizaki on Naxos. Bass has a different quality to many of my other similar priced in that bass is not there just for thump....it is a very detailed bass, yet does have impact, and seems to have it's own Simgot EA quality with a subtle little reverbish quality. Like my Oriveti OD200, you wouldn't call it 'bass-head', yet the bass clearly shows it face in every place it participates. With the dynamics plug-in, DRX10K, of Joe Bloggs, which equalises treble, mids and bass as whole's, the LM driver is in it's element. You can really stretch the bass. Those of you with the appropriate HiBy DAPs are in for a treat with the EA500LM. My ears are are old, but I find the upper-mids and treble areas have no 'grating' qualities at all, but that may be due to age.
So took out my Simgot EA500LM. Took out a box of about 30 mid priced/league, all more expensive, IEMs to compare with the EA500LM. I have to say, the EA500LM holds it's own against mid range, DD's, BA's, Planars and many Hybrids....it is that good. We are talking about a £70 IEM! Put's DDs right back on the map. Very high class IEM. Using silver/red filter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back