Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Jan 17, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #166 of 421
Just bought a EA500LM ticket at the station. Oh, I have to run to catch my hype train! See you on board.
That's the spirit!
I'm very happy with my EA1000, so I'm waiting months if need be until there is a steep discount.

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #167 of 421
My preferred single DD in the sub USD 500 segment of the year 2023 was the Oriveti OD200. Didn’t try any other Simgot IEMs so far, but decided to pass on the EA1000, because of some comparison of trusted IEMs fellows, but if the EA500LM pleas me, pretty sure I will have to try the EA1000 or any potential upcoming Simgot releases with a « warmer » signature.

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #168 of 421
Just bought a EA500LM ticket at the station. Oh, I have to run to catch my hype train! See you on board.
You have no willpower! Your poor wallet suffers but your ears are happy... So a good trade off.

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #169 of 421
You have no willpower! Your poor wallet suffers but your ears are happy... So a good trade off.
Any resistance in futile! My wallet? Which wallet? I played some
banjo in front of the main station to fund the EA500LM 🪕

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #170 of 421
Any resistance in futile! My wallet? Which wallet? I played some
banjo in front of the main station to fund the EA500LM 🪕
I struggle to stay married good thing my wife lets me play a bit otherwise I would have nothing to review. Happy that Simgot sent me this one and allowed me to provide them some feedback.

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #171 of 421
I struggle to stay married good thing my wife lets me play a bit otherwise I would have nothing to review. Happy that Simgot sent me this one and allowed me to provide them some feedback.
Take your wife with you on the next YT video. We can explain it to her😂

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #172 of 421
Take your wife with you on the next YT video. We can explain it to her😂
And then can you all do a zoom call to explain it to mine too? Thanks in advance 😂

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #173 of 421
And then can you all do a zoom call to explain it to mine too? Thanks in advance 😂
No problem. Monk and I are pretty generous when it comes to charge advisory fees😂

Jan 17, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #174 of 421

No apologies for my excitement on this set.

I have a strong urge to succumb to the hype and get the EA500LM. The only thing that discourages me is looking at the comparison graph of the EA500LM and EW200, according to which the 500LM has bass poorer than the EW200 and, on the contrary, it should be even hotter in the upper mids. Could you evaluate this, since you own them both? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #175 of 421
I have a strong urge to succumb to the hype and get the EA500LM. The only thing that discourages me is looking at the comparison graph of the EA500LM and EW200, according to which the 500LM has bass poorer than the EW200 and, on the contrary, it should be even hotter in the upper mids. Could you evaluate this, since you own them both? Thanks in advance.
All I can say is the graph and in ears don't correlate to what it actually sounds like.
Every impressions I have shared with other people in my peer groups who received a LM say the same thing. On paper the upper mids look more prominent than they sound just like the mid bass is more prominent than the graph would indicate.

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #176 of 421
Jan 20, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #177 of 421
Simgot EA500LM!!!!
EA500LM.jpeg

Frequency response with the included 3 tuning nozzles. 8 kHz is a coupler peak.
Simgot EA500LM Final.jpg

Frequency response of OG EA500 versus EA500LM. 8 kHz is a coupler peak.
Simgot EA500 versus EA500LM.jpg

This IEM has more sub-bass than the original EA500 and sounds thicker in note weight as such.

From brief listening, the Gold/red nozzle seems to have taken on board consumers feedback for those that want a bit less upper mids from the usual Simgot house sound. Still quite resolving with a thicker note weight than the base house sound.

The other 2 nozzles will suit the trebleheads and vocal lovers, with the Silver/red nozzle being kind of a midpoint compromise if you want something more analytical but not overly fatiguing.

Don't think the EA500LM beats the expensive EA1000 in technical chops, but it has quite an expansive soundstage for a sub $100 single DD with a very spacious sound. We also have a good 3 tuning options to play with to suit trebleheads to the treble-sensitive, and from brief listening, this set does most areas well, might be one of the benchmarks for a budget single DD.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #178 of 421
Many thanks for this. Gold/red nozzle for me.

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #179 of 421
I go and test three Sony Flagships with the new SIMGOT AUDIO DEW4X DAC/AMP Dongle

I test the DEW4X against the HiBy R3II and Shanling UA3 also.
DSC_0049.jpegw.jpeg

Sony TOTL MDR-Z1R $1,999.99 USD
Past TOTL Sony MDR-Z7 $699.99 USD
Sony TOTL IER-Z1R $1,998.00 USD

Basically the DEW4X is totally plug and play. So much so that I flipped the mini-usb and turned it over and the signal stoped for an instance and then it continued to amplify the HibyR3 II. In order of softness I would say the Shanling UA3 is the softest, the HiBy R3II next and the DEW4X is the most clear, yet some may love the extra slight stage the R3II provides. Though I will say the DEW4X gets the absolute loudest……….I mean I couldn’t begin to crank-it with any of the Sony Flagships today! Way, way powerful….and the smallest too, which is surprising. It the middle of photography today I stoped and was sidetracked by the DEW4X………and just had to sit on the couch and listen to the MDR-Z1R, as it is probably my most favorite headphone………..even better than all the IEMs I review?

Volume control was adjustable by the HiBy R3II volume knob instantly, yet even more volume was ridiculously achieved also further by the DEW4X buttons. All and all the DEW4X presented a full and deep dampening factor so important to get the imaging with full-size headphones. The IER-Z1R came alive too, though probably the Sony WM1A and WM1Z showed more resolve and a smoother treble?

But for those times with a phone or just a laptop in a bag………the tiny form-factor of the DEW4X and boisterous sound made the DEW4X an obvious choice……..especially with how seamless it works in operation and the price of $79.99!

SIMGOT DEW4X

HIFI DUAL C43198 DAC CHIP PORTABLE DAC/AMP

• Unparalleled Audio Quality with Daul C43198 DAC Chips
  • Exceptional Sound Clarity and Low Noise Design
  • Sophisticated Build and Aesthetic Appeal
  • High-Quality Connectivity and Versatility
  • User-Friendly Features and Adaptive Control
https://www.linsoul.com/products/simgot-dew4x

A fast flip-flop of the micro-USB and the R3II starts-up right away with-out even more than a slight pause in music playing........hands free to a point?

DSC_0045.jpegx.jpeg

DSC_0035.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_0016.jpegz.jpeg

DSC_0042.jpegs.jpeg

DSC_0040.jpegq.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 12:46 AM Post #180 of 421
Hi. What would be the model close to the signature of the ew200 while being an improvement over them? Em6l or ea1000? Other ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back