Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #137 of 386
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #138 of 386
This 2024, still my choice for budget recommendation under $35 - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-ew200.26518/reviews

1000039256.jpg

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #139 of 386
SIMGOT LC7 Cable

OFC SILVER PLATED $69.99 UPGRADE CABLE
  • Harmony of High Purity Copper and Silver
  • Quality Conductors, Delicate Transmission
  • 732 Cores for Detailed Presentation
  • Radiant Copper Alloy Shell
  • Broad Compatibility, Interchangeable Plugs
  • Transparent PVC Coating, Enduring Freshness
Disclaimer:
The LC7 was sent to me directly from SIMGOT.

A visual comparison to what came with the EA1000.
DSC_1629.jpegq.jpeg

DSC_1630.jpeg1212.jpeg

First impressions:
So as far as cables go the first thing you do notice is just how close (visually) the SIMGOT LC7 matches the EA1000, almost like they were made for each another? And if you are persuaded by looks (like I am)......this may be a done deal already?

Really it is a lot of cable for $69.99.

As the ergonomics are fine, really it moves in and out of position well, with very little microphonics. The construction and the plugs, chin-cinch and covering are first rate, really very nice. As far as being a value there may be better under $100 cables out there, I mean the competition right now is heavy, to say the least. Yet in comparison to the included EA1000 cable...........we actually do find improvements, strong improvements. I used the included EA1000 cable which is 3.5mm in contrast to the LC7 in 3.5mm and found the extra core count did do something? Imaging was better as well as separation and a slight upgrade in vividness. There was slightly heavier bass and an improvement in treble imaging and clarity...............not the very best for $69.99 cable, but really good. Where the upgrade happened was when I moved to 4.4mm..............so here I am accessing a different balanced amp in the WM1A and this is when the party started. :)

I don't want to use the terminology night and day, but the stage was of considerable note-size difference, though keep in mind this is not maybe from the cable but from the source? Bigger imaging, noticeably better note weight....etc, etc. So all and all the looks and performance go well as an addition to the EA1000, as the LC7 was perfectly balanced and never colored the sound or skewed any one thing out of place, and if you were looking for a simple way to upgrade your EA1000 this may be a first place to look, as it's guaranteed to keep the EA1000 sound profile the same with just an added pizzaz! Also the packaging is super nice! But after further testing using a cable like the ISN G4 instead of the LC7 (with the SIMGOT EA1000) showed a slight difference that graphene would do, where it's really debatable if the more evenly distributed vibe of the signal with the LC7 may actually be preferred? Meaning not trying to change the signal with the ISN G4 but leave the EA1000 alone to simply be itself with the LC7..............and I think that was the emphasis when creating it, to just make a colorless cable that would simply transfer the character of the source and IEM you were using. Where if you wanted (transparent) size of the imaging a cable like the Penon Space does much of the same things as the LC7, but does them a little better, though you do have microphonics introduced there?

If I break out the 7Hz Salnotes Zero 2, the extra separation energy the ISN G4 provides seems to offer a better sound, but that is just the Zero 2? Where a person may not want any difference made to the signal and like the purity of the LC4, while lacking maybe a slight level of energy, it can still be considered perfect, and especially for an energetic example like the SIMGOT EA1000?

A non-affiliate link:
https://www.linsoul.com/products/simgot-lc7
Cheers!
DSC_1627.jpeg2.jpeg

Jan 14, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #144 of 386

Akros (TonyTex) weighs in on 500LM...

Turns out it does not make the EA1000 obsolete like some of the hype train guys were saying.
Taking price into account, I can definitely see where the LM is the better choice though.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #146 of 386
Do you mean, according to his own ears…..? What if others think it does? Who’s right, who’s wrong?
They choo-choo hype train reviewers are wrong.
Do you really think Simgot's flagship $220 IEM is now obsolete and bettered by the EA500 successor at $60-$70?

Jan 14, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #148 of 386
Wow. Oxygen killer?!!
Simgot seems to have authentically reignited the DD renaissance in the iem world. Or at the very least grabbed some attention away from the hybrids, planars, tribrids, etc (ea2000 & 1000 have DD + passive radiators, but I didn't categorize them as hybrids).

Can't believe the venerable oxygen must finally start relinquishing its top (relatively affordable) DD position to Simgot's young guns (500, LM, & 1000).

Tripowin olina & olina SE also made waves for being budget-friendly DD bangers that outperform their pricepoint.

Excluding the ea2000 (over $300 usd), all Simgot's DD offerings come in well under the oxygen msrp ($260-70usd new), so there's that too... just sayin

Man, I can't wait to see what else is in Simgot's bag of tricks!
✌️

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #149 of 386
Good review on the Simgot EA500 LM and a comparison with the EA1000.
I saw mention that the LM will be $89 retail, so still pretty low compared to the EA1000 sale price of $166 recently.
I think I'd still lean towards the EA1000 if money was no object, as I want the technically best product, but if money is an issue then the EA500LM seems like a no-brainer.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #150 of 386
Seems to me like the EA500LM is the better choice if you find yourself preferring a warmer sound or want to save money. EA500LM's dynamic driver may be a bit better than the EA1000's but EA1000 has the passive radiator which gives the EA1000's bass a fairly unique feel that some people may value and the EA500LM isn't able to replicate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back