Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Dec 7, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #91 of 375
Go for it, lol.
That's how I heard them doing the back to back a/b comparison. My preferences lean towards more a slightly warmer replay and I do prioritize correct tonality over everything else.

For those who like more upper mids and treble the EA1000 would be a better choice.

I still think both are outstanding value and with playing around more you could get both to sound close to each other. It was the core undertones and neuances that made me prefer the FU more.
I think the DUNU put the money and effort into that driver as did Simgot but the Falcon Ultra is more polished and refined.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #92 of 375
Why should I not hype this crazy good pair. They deserve everybody’s praise and attention.

I always believe in having a good source because some iems can behave unimaginably good on good sources. I am listening to the EA1000 on Astell&Kern Sp3k, the cable is a very normal 4.4mm cable that comes with Noble Kublai Khan. There is massive soundstage thanks to the dap. The high are much sorted and the bass has better slams. Such a goosebumpy ride it is. Putting a price of 200usd is just too absurd.

IMG_8725.jpeg

Dec 17, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #94 of 375
Dec 18, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #95 of 375
Why haven't they made an EA1000 nozzle kit yet?
The kit for EA500 isn't exactly the same...I'm sure it works, but I'd rather have an EA100 specific kit.
Also, what if I damaged the filter screen on one of the nozzles...are you able to buy a replacement?

I'm addicted to the sound of the EA1000..guess it hits the sound center my brain prefers just right.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #96 of 375
Why haven't they made an EA1000 nozzle kit yet?
The kit for EA500 isn't exactly the same...I'm sure it works, but I'd rather have an EA100 specific kit.
Also, what if I damaged the filter screen on one of the nozzles...are you able to buy a replacement?

I'm addicted to the sound of the EA1000..guess it hits the sound center my brain prefers just right.
I don't think there will be a EA1000 specific one. It will just be the same as the EA500 kit. I got one from Linsoul bundled with my EA1000. There's plenty of options included in the kit, various mesh filters, foams, etc.

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #100 of 375
My favourite IEM is the IMR OZAR... it's got a rich, musical sound, great low end detail. Easily the best bass of any IEM I've ever had. It's been a while tho since I've had a new toy... So looking at the ea1000 as a set that offers a different type of listen. The OZAR has a slightly thicker sound and from what I've read, the ea1000 has a more open sound, without losing sub bass detail and resolution. One thing tho, are male vocals as recessed as I've read in some reviews (ea1000)? I'm a big fan of Queen, Beatles, ELO, David Bowie, etc. Tho I do listen to many female artists and different genres to rock.

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #101 of 375
My favourite IEM is the IMR OZAR... it's got a rich, musical sound, great low end detail. Easily the best bass of any IEM I've ever had. It's been a while tho since I've had a new toy... So looking at the ea1000 as a set that offers a different type of listen. The OZAR has a slightly thicker sound and from what I've read, the ea1000 has a more open sound, without losing sub bass detail and resolution. One thing tho, are male vocals as recessed as I've read in some reviews (ea1000)? I'm a big fan of Queen, Beatles, ELO, David Bowie, etc. Tho I do listen to many female artists and different genres to rock.
I would do purple bottom filter and black nozzle on Ozar to get a VERY rough idea of tonality, especially in the bass

Dec 18, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #102 of 375
Thought: If Simgot EA1000 were sold under brand name of Campfire Audio or 64Audio, the iems would have been at a price more than 1000usd. I am sure no one will disagree to this. What a brilliant pair! ❤️
In all fairness, people are stuck with the cost of living they have to deal with. People have to live you know to make the next new product. I recommend our government to normalize the international trade and retail to support cost of living adjustment to cost of things. I say this with regret because I benefit from lower prices. But fair is fair. I see Periodic audio really not pricing like chifi counterparts. But they have California sunshine tax on top of everything else. This is really a matter of fairness. But US lawmakers seem to only care about their immediate family, friends, donors, and their own survival. Which I think could be made better by taxing campaign money and advertisements to offset the cost American companies incur by employing Americans living in America, yada yada yada. Just saying.
Edit: Use the tax revenue to pay for the difference American companies have to charge. Thereby Americans can buy American made stuff like chifi stuff. No harm no foul to anyone. And everyone can buy more stuff to help increase the national GDP.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #103 of 375
I would do purple bottom filter and black nozzle on Ozar to get a VERY rough idea of tonality, especially in the bass
Thanks. So what's your thoughts on them both if you were to compare them? Obviously the OZAR started out a £400 earphone. Not that price always tells the full story! I'm looking for something on par technically... Not a downgrade.

Edit: and as I mentioned, I'm after something different in sound signature. From reading, the ea1000 may have a cleaner and clearer treble.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #104 of 375
Thanks. So what's your thoughts on them both if you were to compare them? Obviously the OZAR started out a £400 earphone. Not that price always tells the full story! I'm looking for something on par technically... Not a downgrade.

Edit: and as I mentioned, I'm after something different in sound signature. From reading, the ea1000 may have a cleaner and clearer treble.
I use Ozar with black bottoms, which makes them a bassy EDC type. EA1000 beats them in technicalities and resolution like Ozar owes them money

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #105 of 375
Anyone know what eartips come with the Simgot EA1000?
I'd like to get another set if they can be purchased somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back