Simgot EA500 impressions, discussions & mods thread
Jun 22, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #16 of 24
I bought the Timeless AE and am testing those now. They sound pretty amazing to me. I like the tightness of the bass and the way the mids and treble are balanced. It's not a fair comparison to the EA500 but yes, the Timeless AE mop the floor with the EA500 and imho sound more full and more "fun" by about double of the ER2XR. It's a different kind of fun. If the ER2XR didn't feel like hard plastic spikes I'd listen to them more often. The Simgot and the Timeless both sit in a more comfortable spot.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #18 of 24
Just got a pair of these last week and ordered some tips to try and tune them up a little. The medium seemed too small and the large too big. Just got the Dunu S&S tips and they're amazing. These are my new daily drivers now. The shape is different, and they're smooth which makes them sound more crisp. Also I like the black nozzles better now, the treble isn't too much at any time, even when gaming with bright sound effects. They're $15, but I'm from the headphone world where replacing Beyerdynamic pads cost $38. The fit on them is sized like other factory tips, the medium is just like others included sets. $71 on sale with Amazon coupon and $15 for the tips, feels like I stole them.

SPXL_20230811_074703795.jpg

Dec 7, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #20 of 24
those with the foam inside have less treble, imo. and do sound better for me in general. similar to Aria but better technically.
later today I’m trying different tips and a balanced cable!

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #21 of 24
Owning the EA500 since March, only after reading this thread did I check if the nozzles I was using were the foam ones or not (assumed that they were as the default ones).
The foam ones sound better to your ears too? More like Aria and I like it.

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #22 of 24
Just got mine recently, found them to be bright with startling clarity. Sometimes to my ears, it sounded like songs were sung and played in a higher key. After a few days they started to sing. I also recently bought a Tempotec V6 on special for Christmas, and they sound amazing with it. Interested to hear if the Tuning Kit that you can purchase actually makes any difference sound wise, with a desire for more warmth in vocals.

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #23 of 24
Just got mine recently, found them to be bright with startling clarity. Sometimes to my ears, it sounded like songs were sung and played in a higher key. After a few days they started to sing. I also recently bought a Tempotec V6 on special for Christmas, and they sound amazing with it. Interested to hear if the Tuning Kit that you can purchase actually makes any difference sound wise, with a desire for more warmth in vocals.
I quite feel the same for now I still prefer my moondrop Aria in the most important way - more relaxing.
Otherwise simgot outshines them in all ways. More texture - better in everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back