silvercore
Jul 15, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #151 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you should stay away from anything made in Japan. Japan has been using MADE IN CHINA characters for the past, hm, 1500 years or so :p

Edit: Haha I can't read.

Jul 15, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #152 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been experimenting with stereo equipment my all life and owned stellar components such as Jadisis 845 Pass Labs x-600 vpi TNT turntables Senn Orpheus etc. etc..I say it here clearly , a component wich is
MADE IN CHINA
you cant expect stellar performance.That's it.If you want to hear something special you have to invest decent amount of money let's say US dollars.So people get education and find a nice job ,work as a horse and when you get paid for it you can someday buy something wich has quality and respect

tangerine, it cannot reasonably be disputed that there is lots of very good stuff coming out of China. European manufacturers recognize this basic fact. Plenty of stuff is made there to the same exacting specs as we associate with the high end in the west and elsewhere. The Phoenix that I referred to has engendered some pretty positive reviews and appears to compete with some highly regarded equipment. To dismiss this out of hand calls into question your reliability and credibility as a reviewer.

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #153 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are serious you could buy a silvercore and send it to me for comparison.

Too rich for my blood unfortunately, but I could see myself trying out the Phoenix.

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #154 of 161
Quote:

....and i repeat myself again and tell it to all Head -fiers
Silvercore 812A with Mullard 5U4G and Chinese 812A tubes and with the new Sennheiser HD-800 headphone is the ultimate headphone listening experience

I thought you don't buy Chinese.
rolleyes.gif
Chinese gear is crap, remember? You gotta work real hard and get a good education so you can afford nice things, remember?

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #155 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you don't buy Chinese.
rolleyes.gif
Chinese gear is crap, remember? You gotta work real hard and get a good education so you can afford nice things, remember?

Ha ha...this is too funny! You are hilarious....!

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #156 of 161
Quote:

I have been experimenting with stereo equipment my all life and owned stellar components such as Jadisis 845 Pass Labs x-600 vpi TNT turntables Senn Orpheus etc. etc..I say it here clearly , a component wich is
MADE IN CHINA
you cant expect stellar performance.That's it.If you want to hear something special you have to invest decent amount of money let's say US dollars.So people get education and find a nice job ,work as a horse and when you get paid for it you can someday buy something wich has quality and respect

Congratulations! I'm a renowned Audiophile snob, but at least in the snob department you absolutely put me to shame. I love expensive toys, I have owned many of the brands that you mention, and I have sold every brand that you mentioned and many more. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean that it's a great product, and conversely just because something is inexpensive doesn't mean that it sucks. A lot of cheap trash comes out of China, but there are more and more exceptional high value products as well. The Chinese are just beginning to manufacture equipment with true High End aspirations. Your automatic rejection of everything manufactured in China reeks of either racism or just plain stupidity.

The amp that you dismissed out of hand is an exceptional amplifier, regardless of the price. If it was built in the US or Western Europe it would easily sell for somewhere between $3000 to $5000 or more. Based upon your writings here I can almost guarantee that it would not be to your liking even if it were produced in Western Europe, not because it's not exceptional but because it wouldn't suit your tastes.

The Audio-gd Phoenix is making me rethink my previous statement:
Quote:

All expensive products are not reference caliber, but all reference caliber products are expensive.

Of course to some people the Phoenix is Expensive. I'm sure that the Phoenix can be outperformed, but it will take many times it's price to do so. I do believe that the Phoenix is Reference Caliber. When products get up to a certain performance level what constitutes "better" is often just a matter of personal taste.

Jul 15, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #157 of 161
Quote:

I say it here clearly , a component wich is
MADE IN CHINA
you cant expect stellar performance.That's it.If you want to hear something special you have to invest decent amount of money let's say US dollars.

@tangerine.
What you are saying here, besides being completely ridiculously wrong, is considered libelous, and a bannable offense.
You have single handedly put down an entire country, along with a large percentage of members here, besides making a statement that is completely false.

In one fell swoop, you have just turned this thread around into a downward spiral heading straight to the underworld.

Choose your words wisely, my friend.

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #158 of 161
Tangerine probably isn't trying to insult people, he probably just isn't aware of the details of the phoenix amp discussion. Don't get yourself banned though Tangerine, you're the only one giving us comparisons of the Edition 8 and HD800
tongue.gif
I'll say thanks very much just in case you are banned tomorrow hehe.

Jul 16, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #159 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tangerine probably isn't trying to insult people, he probably just isn't aware of the details of the phoenix amp discussion. Don't get yourself banned though Tangerine, you're the only one giving us comparisons of the Edition 8 and HD800
tongue.gif
I'll say thanks very much just in case you are banned tomorrow hehe.

It's got nothing to do with the Phoenix. It's the fact that he basically said that because a product is made in China that it can not offer "Stellar Performance". At it's face his comment is at best ignorant, at worst bigoted.
I can handle someone being obnoxious and a snob (I live in a Glass House), but this forum is no place for bigotry and racism. Sexism especially misogyny however is A-OK (Alright for the last bit I'm Kidding).
normal_smile .gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #160 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG...
frown.gif
frown.gif

Yes, indeed. Goodnight and goodbye tangerine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back