silvercore
Jul 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #136 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the SEP 274B tube and it seems to be the only choice for Silvercore.
Very smooth and detailed presentation .This tube also shows how much better the RCA 812A tube is over the Chinese 812A.

Happy listening
gs1000.gif

Did you already get the ED8 or HD800?

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #137 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by jantze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Happy listening
gs1000.gif

Did you already get the ED8 or HD800?

I got the information today that they have already sent it to me so i will receive ED-8 very soon.Sennheiser will begin to deliver HD-800 in Germany on 6.7.2009 .
I got email from Germany that i will receive my Sennheiser HD-800 next week.Interesting comparisons between Grado GS-1000,HD-800 and ED 8 next week.Let's see
if the comparisons make any sense,they are constructed so differently.

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #138 of 161
I ordered the Silvercore amp with the specifications to hook it up with the new Sennheiser HD-800.Had to retube it again to the Chinese 812A tubes with Mullard 5U4G.
To make this short this is the killer combo the ultimate headphone experience.

Jul 12, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #139 of 161
Quote:

I ordered the Silvercore amp with the specifications to hook it up with the new Sennheiser HD-800.Had to retube it back to the Chinese 812A tubes with RCA 5R4GY.
To make this short this is the killer combo the ultimate headphone expirience.

You should tell that to the audio-gd Phoenix fans.
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #140 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should tell that to the audio-gd Phoenix fans.
wink.gif

....and i repeat myself again and tell it to all Head -fiers
Silvercore 812A with Mullard 5U4G and Chinese 812A tubes and with the new Sennheiser HD-800 headphone is the ultimate headphone listening experience .This combo is for those Headfiers who missed the great Sennheiser Orpheus headphone combo.But you have to pay for it 5200 euros.
I will not discribe it here how it sounds and i hope Christoph will someday introduce it somewhere.At least this combo is cheaper than the Orpheus was
at its time.

this is the end of the story

have a nice day
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #141 of 161
OK. We get it. You've been really happy with your Silvercore amp, since you've gotten it.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #142 of 161
Quote:

....and i repeat myself again and tell it to all Head -fiers
Silvercore 812A with Mullard 5U4G and Chinese 812A tubes and with the new Sennheiser HD-800 headphone is the ultimate headphone listening expirience for me

this is the end of the story for me

FTFY
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #143 of 161
I have to add this warning.The Silvercore is extremely sensitive to EMF,before you run these amps make the following test.Switch OFF the amp and put the headphones on your head if you notice a HUMMM... please remove all other components wich are nearby as far as you dont hear any noises.The Krell CD-player that was placed close ruined the performance completely.

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #144 of 161
tangerine, have you tried lifting the ground?

Also, how many members on Head-Fi actually have this amp, that will benefit from these tasty tidbits?

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #145 of 161
tangerine, I don't know if you took me seriously in my last post, but I meant it. You should compare notes with the folks who are trumpeting the audio-gd Phoenix. Frankly, even better would be if you got a Phoenix yourself and compared it to the silvercore. Both of these amps are generating comments that are dreamlike. It would be interesting to find out which comes out on top.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #146 of 161
Quote:

tangerine, I don't know if you took me seriously in my last post, but I meant it. You should compare notes with the folks who are trumpeting the audio-gd Phoenix. Frankly, even better would be if you got a Phoenix yourself and compared it to the silvercore. Both of these amps are generating comments that are dreamlike. It would be interesting to find out which comes out on top.

I have been experimenting with stereo equipment my all life and owned stellar components such as Jadisis 845 Pass Labs x-600 vpi TNT turntables Senn Orpheus etc. etc..I say it here clearly , a component wich is
MADE IN CHINA
you cant expect stellar performance.That's it.If you want to hear something special you have to invest decent amount of money let's say US dollars.So people get education and find a nice job ,work as a horse and when you get paid for it you can someday buy something wich has quality and respect

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #147 of 161
Quote:

a component wich is
MADE IN CHINA
you cant expect stellar performance.

Come again?
You realize that alot of the components and their base constituents in all these super expensive amps were manufactured in China or another 3rd/2nd'ish world country right?

Hell here in Australia we quite often ship raw ore to China for processing before importing back the finished product for use here.

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #148 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come again?

Hell here in Australia we quite often ship raw ore to China for processing before importing back the finished product for use here.

Thanks for the info... so i will not buy Australian hifi equipment.

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #149 of 161
Quote:

Thanks for the info... so i will not buy Australian hifi equipment.

Then you should stay away from anything made in Japan. Japan has been using MADE IN CHINA characters for the past, hm, 1500 years or so :p

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #150 of 161
Quote:

If you are serious you could buy a silvercore and send it to me for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back