Silver RKV MkII (first pic)
Feb 21, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 56
Nice, but I think it looks more exclusive in black and gold
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Feb 21, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 56
I agree, I also like it better in black. That Goldpoint attenuator looks pretty nice though. Is that a custom job or Becker planning on including it in the production model?

Feb 21, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Canman
I agree, I also like it better in black. That Goldpoint attenuator looks pretty nice though. Is that a custom job or Becker planning on including it in the production model?

Head-fi'ers --

Was the stepped attenuator included in the Black/Gold version?
Please excuse my ignorance... The silver looks sweet, though!

BANGPOD

Feb 22, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #6 of 56
I too much prefer the gold and black to the grey looking silver. Sorry, just a personal preference. It's still classy looking, just not a color choice of mine.

Feb 22, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #7 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by BANGPOD
Was the stepped attenuator included in the Black/Gold version? Please excuse my ignorance...

The late model RKV I just sold used an Alps Blue Velvet. I think that was standard. Big price difference in parts between the Alps and the Goldpoint! That looks like a 4 channel attenuator too. Am I wrong?

Feb 22, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #8 of 56
I like it better than the black and gold model, but the black and gold model really gags me in photos. I would like to see both models in real life, I think the pictures aren't doing the amp justice.

Feb 22, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #10 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
I like it better than the black and gold model, but the black and gold model really gags me in photos.

Does this mean you don't like black and gold or that black and gold overwhelms you?

Feb 22, 2004 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
Does this mean you don't like black and gold or that black and gold overwhelms you?

It looks really cheesy to me in most of the photos I have seen of it, but I can't believe the real amplifier does when you see it based on the amount of positive feedback I have seen on its looks. I can't think of anyone who has seen one of these in person who didn't have positive or at least neutral things to say about it.

Feb 22, 2004 at 1:28 AM Post #12 of 56
I thought I would like the silver, but I was wrong. The black looks classy. When I had mine I swapped the gold inserts for walnut (of course).

Feb 22, 2004 at 2:00 AM Post #14 of 56
I dig the silver MUCH more. I guess I'm just getting older, and, like the recently departed Julian Hirsch, I'm very tired of the black box image of Hi-Fi equipment.

Just nice to see something else...

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #15 of 56
Judging from that pic, I think it looks too busy im Silber. I'll take the black, please. Actually, clear lucite all around would be nice if that were OK for temperature....
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back