Silver Dragon broke again any other suggestions
Oct 19, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #16 of 60
The same thing happened to me with the right channel 5 times. First Drew said I was the only one it happened to, but because of the Head -Fi website, everyone knows that is not true. I even had Drew solder original Sennheiser connecters on. When that failed also, Drew determined his solder joint failed but I would have to pay for the repair.Since I saw no other alternative, I agreed. When that one failed I gave up on his soldering technique. I then ordered a Zu Mobius which has a LIFETIME warranty. Guess what? The Zu is more musical and still has a better midrange and treble. Drew replaced the Silver Dragon with a Blue Dragon V2 Witch is still in it's plastic bag. I hope everybody learns from their experiences. Arrowmark

Oct 19, 2005 at 12:51 PM Post #17 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowmark

I then ordered a Zu Mobius which has a LIFETIME warranty.

Hummm....speaking of LIFETIME I'm the proud owner of the most costly Zu cable that they ever made. I shipped them 3 times my cable (connector problems) in the last six months (the third time with my phones). Dont get me wrong, they are very nice people but in the end I was on the impression that I was going to spend the rest of my life going back and forth to the post office.

Bottom line: Dragon or Zu nothing is perfect in the cable's world.

Amicalement

P.S. You dont want the whole story involving FedEx and the canadian customs...sometimes it's usefull to be a lawyer....
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #18 of 60
I'm a little hesitant to post this because I have not been unhappy with Moon Audio so far, but does anyone know about the terms of their warranty? I see no mention of a warranty anywhere on his site. I bought my cable second hand almost exactly a year ago with no receipt so I might be SOL. At least I'm not alone in this matter so that may help.

Oct 19, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #19 of 60
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Silver Dragon
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:31:17 -0400
To: <pabbi@swbell.net>

We are working with a new molding outfit. Not sure if they can remold the
old cables yet. If not we will offer Blue Dragons at cost. Check back with
us in a couple of weeks. We should have a firm answer then.
Thank you.
Drew Baird
Moon Audio
1008 Antler Court
Apex, NC 27502
919-649-5018
drubrew@bellsouth.net
http://www.moon-audio.com/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, we'll see in a couple of weeks. Not sure that is a remedy I'll be too happy with.

Oct 22, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #20 of 60
Ive had 2 silver dragons fail on me. Drew was kind enough to send me his pair to listen to, but unfortunately that failed as well.

On the 650s, I found that the silver dragon was the best sounding. The equinox was lacking weight, the blue dragon was nice but lacking sparkle(I mean in comparison to the sd), the zu sounded a bit cold and foreward in the mids. The silver dragon was the most open and clear while retaining tonal color. Unfortunately it keeps breaking... The cardas didnt work so well, I think it definately matches up better on the 600.

The blue dragon v2 is very nice. Drew sent me it to replace the BD that originally broke. Not quite as good as a sd but very good.

Hopefully they will unf&%$ the problem so we can get that stelar sounding cable back again. It almost like the 650s are incomplete without em.
ks

Oct 23, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #22 of 60
I had a BD with SS amps, but moved to the SD when I went all tube, and the SD is also incomparable with the 600s. I also feel going back to the BD will be a step back... and the stock Senn cables are, for lack of the proper word in English, coarse.

Nothing else (in my experiences) has the je na se quois of the Silver Dragon... perhaps they will, somehow, persevere.

Oct 23, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #24 of 60
That was with added Texas accent... an ernest faux pas.

rolleyes.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #26 of 60
If you ever go SD, make sure you keep a backup. Good thing I like my BDv2 almost as well, because fixing a SD requires long term planning.

Jan 7, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #28 of 60
It's so funny this came up today. I literally just emailed Drew yesterday to see what the deal is since I haven't gotten an update or bothered him since Oct 18. No word yet.

I guess I'm not the only one looking forward to having their 650s back in shape for the New Year!

Jan 7, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #29 of 60
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Silver Dragon
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:15:29 -0500
To: 'al' <pabbi@swbell.net>

They will be done with the next batch of cables. The molders are slow and
have to do batches of more than a 100 cables at a time. So I will send in
with next Blue Dragon order. Don't have a date yet.
Thank you.
Drew Baird
Moon Audio

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not exactly a wkikpedia entry for 'customer service', eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back