Silly eBay question
Feb 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #16 of 20
yeh, for me I already paid for the two things I won a few days ago, so now it says "view order details". Clicking "view order details", I'm let to a page that has a box for 'shipping details' on the left-- which has my address, and then 'payment details' on the right, which should list the format of payment the seller wants. For me this is just the paypal + credit card logos. Was thinking the bank info might be there instead for you. However since I've never run into this scenario myself, I don't know if it actually shows up there.

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #17 of 20
Yeah,I know what you're talking about and after talking it over with my parents who actually did the transaction in my stead as I was away said that when they went to the "view order details" page which would list payment options and thus allow you to payfor your items they said they clicked on "pay by wire transfer" and then never really heard much more of it.

Now when I go to "order details" it says "

"Bank transfer (CIP)

You chose to transfer EUR $$ to SELLER from your financial institution."

So it seems I can't pay for it through eBay. I don't get what the seller means when he says his bank details are "on eBay". I'd find it rather strange that you'd just leave your bank details on eBay. I'd atleast expect the seller to email them to me.

Feb 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #18 of 20
Or you can request the seller send you a total bill. I've done this when buying several items from a seller who clearly states he discounts for multiple purchases, and you are not getting the discount on the total for what you've just commited to buy.
Also I have had to log off then log back on to get the totals and stuff to jive properly(sometimes, doesn't always work).
I've seen the bank transfer thing before but I've never paid for an item this way.

Feb 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #19 of 20
Maybe I can help: Ebay Germany requires you to provide them with your bank details so that the seller will receive an Ebay generated mail telling him where to transfer the money. I.e. if the seller doesn't offer Paypal, you receive a mail with his account details and you can reconfirm or change the shipping address. (Not exactly sure, but I think this info can also be accessed through your MyEbay page - just click on the details for the item/purchase). Maybe the seller has to give you some IBAN/BIC number as well for an international money transfer to work?

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tohni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I can help: Ebay Germany requires you to provide them with your bank details so that the seller will receive an Ebay generated mail telling him where to transfer the money. I.e. if the seller doesn't offer Paypal, you receive a mail with his account details and you can reconfirm or change the shipping address. (Not exactly sure, but I think this info can also be accessed through your MyEbay page - just click on the details for the item/purchase). Maybe the seller has to give you some IBAN/BIC number as well for an international money transfer to work?

Okay the picture is getting clearer in my head. I emailed the seller telling him to email me his bank details so that I can pay him. From the way the translated text he sent said "My bank details are on eBay" almost lead me to believe that there was a page somewhere on the page for the ended auction itself that has his bank details on it.

Regardless I'm going to sign up for Auctionchex so that in the future this will be a much easier process. Just goes to show you how American and German cultures differ!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back