signed up to register thanks and yuin g2a appreciation (plus other thoughts)
May 9, 2011 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

el-bo

Head-Fier
hey

new here

have been lurking around for the lat few weeks, in search of some new iem's

spent a long time, back and forth, reading up on yuin pk's (had not heard of the company till i read up on them here)

ended up going for the g2a's, as they seemed to be the best received in the price band i was looking for

i LOOOVE these things...really

i am listening, and enjoying, much more music than i have of late

to borrow a word from a review i read, they are 'effortless'....i'm not a huge basshead, but thee are no slouch..much more balanced than i had imagined they would be

and comfort ??  superb...i've been using sr325i on my studio rig for about 4 years, and i can only suffer them for so long (which generally coincides with the right time to take a 'staring at the screen' break), but these feel great....i have read that some find them to not fit very well..i have small ears, so was a little worried...turns out to be no problem, as these things rotate around the ear to provide a snug fit (even when running)...i wonder if those that found them to fall off had actually rotated them all the way around the ear to create a more secure fit

another thing that i have found surprising is how much i love the lack of sound isolation...up till last year, i had been using a set of high quality shure iem's....i had to give up using them due to a combination of recurring ear infection (likely due to the unsanitary nature if plunging triple-flanges deep into the ear canal) and cable fault.....there was always something i didn't like about being out and about while being insulated from my surroundings.....with the g2a i don't lose this valuable sense, but i get to enjoy the music as a backdrop to the general hubbub....it feels more like a soundtrack to a movie and i really enjoy the mix of the outside sounds with the music...i remember reading in one of the reviews that there is some compression going on that allows for these to sound great at lower levels...true, or not, i like :)

the only thing i would like to get hold of is the headphone band that i have seen others use to mod them with..though i have no issues with the fit, in terms of how secure they fit, i do find when lying down to listen that they fall too far away from the ear and lose bass a a consequence...i would also appreciate being able to hang them around my neck when i'm out and about, but they are not in use.....they don't fit well into pockets, won't last long in my rucksack and i will soon tire of putting them back in the box, each time

does anyone know where i can get hold of the headband...i did look on partsexpress, but couldn't find them

any help appreciated, and thanks again

May 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:

ended up going for the g2a's, as they seemed to be the best received in the price band i was looking for

i LOOOVE these things...really

i am listening, and enjoying, much more music than i have of late

to borrow a word from a review i read, they are 'effortless'....i'm not a huge basshead, but thee are no slouch..much more balanced than i had imagined they would be

...there was always something i didn't like about being out and about while being insulated from my surroundings.....with the g2a i don't lose this valuable sense, but i get to enjoy the music as a backdrop to the general hubbub....it feels more like a soundtrack to a movie and i really enjoy the mix of the outside sounds with the music...i remember reading in one of the reviews that there is some compression going on that allows for these to sound great at lower levels...true, or not, i like :)

the only thing i would like to get hold of is the headphone band that i have seen others use to mod them with..though i have no issues with the fit, in terms of how secure they fit, i do find when lying down to listen that they fall too far away from the ear and lose bass a a consequence...i would also appreciate being able to hang them around my neck when i'm out and about, but they are not in use.....they don't fit well into pockets, won't last long in my rucksack and i will soon tire of putting them back in the box, each time

does anyone know where i can get hold of the headband...i did look on partsexpress, but couldn't find them

any help appreciated, and thanks again

Hi and welcome ,

Nice Review and I agree with what you have said about the yuin G2a clip on ear phones .Probably one of the best balanced 'out and about' ear phones I've heard .As a comparison they are far more balanced & responsive than igrado's .They make igrado sound lazy & bass bloated .
They also respond very well to Equalization .So if you do want that Xtra boom in ya bass then simply turn up the low frequencies using a quality EQ, like what you get for free with Rockbox http://www.rockbox.org/

Listen carefully though when using EQ . The EQ on the standard firmware that's installed on the Sansa clipv2 is rubbish . I don't know if the Clip+ has a better EQ or not as I sent it back due to a much shorter battery life than the Clip .

As you said You can't hang them around you neck because they have no headband.But you can simply Hook them onto the top of your shirt .

I held back getting the G2a as they were only available from japan and I didn't want to pay the UK duty on them  .

They are now available from http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/yuin-g2a-2831.html for £35.99 including free delivery in the UK .

I hope this does become a Yuin G2a appreciation thread as they deserve and will get more recognition if they become more widely available thus heard .

Yuin G2a = Great sound on the move :)
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back