Signal noise when pairing iphone 4 with headstage arrow 4g
Jun 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:
So what can i do to create a shield for the amp

There are some EMI shielding cages, tape, fabric etc etc.

But you need to DIY a bit, and they are a bit expensive

Keep in mind, that deending on what frequencies the EMI shields protect against, it could and could not work for you.

I'm a bit surprised, but most don't actually think of making an EMI shield for their amps that have this problem, but rather buy new ones with good EMI shielding built in.

But EMI shielding materials MAY work. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #17 of 27
There are some EMI shielding cages, tape, fabric etc etc.

But you need to DIY a bit, and they are a bit expensive

Keep in mind, that deending on what frequencies the EMI shields protect against, it could and could not work for you.

I'm a bit surprised, but most don't actually think of making an EMI shield for their amps that have this problem, but rather buy new ones with good EMI shielding built in.

But EMI shielding materials MAY work. 

Wow, that's interesting! Should i buy an ipod instead

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:
Wow, that's interesting! Should i buy an ipod instead

It depends, is your phone contract almost up?

If so, you can just use your old iPhone in airplane mode as an iPod whilst using your new phone as your real phone.

What features do you want?

HiSound And FiiO currently offer $250 and below DAP's that are very popular.

Some don't have EMI with the Headstage Arrow 4G because they are in different countries with different frequency ranges and what not. Most amp makers for headphones don't account for Phone EMI sadly.

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #19 of 27
It depends, is your phone contract almost up?

If so, you can just use your old iPhone in airplane mode as an iPod whilst using your new phone as your real phone.

What features do you want?

HiSound And FiiO currently offer $250 and below DAP's that are very popular.

Some don't have EMI with the Headstage Arrow 4G because they are in different countries with different frequency ranges and what not. Most amp makers for headphones don't account for Phone EMI sadly.

Both of them are world version! I'm using the 32gb from my dad and playing music thru it becuz my 16gb has wifi signal issue! My friend would give me a ipod classic gen 6 this week and i have a bad-hdd-ipod video with me anyway! Thinking about getting the hisound studio v3

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #20 of 27
Hope you find the DAP that fits your needs my friend! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #21 of 27
Hope you find the DAP that fits your needs my friend! 
biggrin.gif

Could u suggest one for me? Listening to mostly Linkin Park, Eagles, David Guetta and love songs with the 4g and phonak 232 and sometimes i only use the phonak only

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:
Could u suggest one for me? Listening to mostly Linkin Park, Eagles, David Guetta and love songs with the 4g and phonak 232 and sometimes i only use the phonak only

A DAP/PMP isn't like a headphone or amp, in where the genres you lists to really matter.

I listen to Linkin Park and the Eagles often as well.

Hisound Nova or Studio and the FiiO X3 along with Cowon C series DAP's are currently favorites along with some Hifiman DAP's.

Really, a lot of DAP's are out there. It's not really for me to recommend as its up to what you are looking for. Apple is also a good option.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #23 of 27
A DAP/PMP isn't like a headphone or amp, in where the genres you lists to really matter.

I listen to Linkin Park and the Eagles often as well.

Hisound Nova or Studio and the FiiO X3 along with Cowon C series DAP's are currently favorites along with some Hifiman DAP's.

Really, a lot of DAP's are out there. It's not really for me to recommend as its up to what you are looking for. Apple is also a good option.

I dont really like apple anymore cuz of the hdd, will wait for some times and decide

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:
I dont really like apple anymore cuz of the hdd, will wait for some times and decide

HDD failures are often, but in terms of how many Classics get problems due to the HDD after X amount of years. I would say that I don't hear about those problems too often.

for approx $200 DAP's

Apple iPod Touch
Cowon C series
FiiO X3
Hisound Nova/Studio
Hifiman 601
Telcast T__

Are some popular DAP's.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #25 of 27
HDD failures are often, but in terms of how many Classics get problems due to the HDD after X amount of years. I would say that I don't hear about those problems too often.

for approx $200 DAP's

Apple iPod Touch
Cowon C series
FiiO X3
Hisound Nova/Studio
Hifiman 601
Telcast T__

Are some popular DAP's.

Tks man, will consider those daps

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #26 of 27

would being connected to wifi on a smartphone streaming music cause EMI ? or cant you be connected with wifi on airplane mode?

Sep 23, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #27 of 27
It's possible... but try it and see as it my be the other bands within the spectrum such as EDGE (gsm) or 3G that are causing it

You should definitely be able to use  Wi-Fi with Airplane Mode on, although you’ll need to go in and toggle Wi-Fi back on manually after enabling Airplane Mode, since this disables Wi-Fi by default when switched on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back