Signal noise when pairing iphone 4 with headstage arrow 4g
Jun 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

minhquancanon7d

100+ Head-Fier
When i tied the arrow with my iphone, signal noise drove me crazy, when i use a ic cable whoch is long and seperate those 2, sometimes the noise appear! Any help

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 27
Quote:
When i tied the arrow with my iphone, signal noise drove me crazy, when i use a ic cable whoch is long and seperate those 2, sometimes the noise appear! Any help

ic cable whoch is long and seperate those 2

Can you elaborate on what you mean? I'm not understanding the terms here.

Put your iPhone on Airplane mode. Wait 10 seconds. Do your test. Is the noise still there?

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #3 of 27
Airplane mode does help but when i receive a call or message, the noise annoys me, sorry but English is not my native lang

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:
So airplane mode does help huh

I'm asking you 
bigsmile_face.gif

You said it helped so I was just saying that your phone function is what is causing problems if airplane mode helps if not fixes it

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 27
I'm asking you 
bigsmile_face.gif

You said it helped so I was just saying that your phone function is what is causing problems if airplane mode helps if not fixes it

Yeah, in a way, but i want sthing that kills it, anything?

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:
Yeah, in a way, but i want sthing that kills it, anything?

Usually it does

Set your phone to airplane. Use it for a few hours. Do you get any of the same problems? If not. It's because you are using a phone with an amp(not very well shielded one).

This is the most common problem with using an amp with a phone. Because most times the amp shielding is not good, and then we also have to worry about cable shielding(cable you use to plug phone into amp).

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #9 of 27
Usually it does

Set your phone to airplane. Use it for a few hours. Do you get any of the same problems? If not. It's because you are using a phone with an amp(not very well shielded one).

This is the most common problem with using an amp with a phone. Because most times the amp shielding is not good, and then we also have to worry about cable shielding(cable you use to plug phone into amp).

Not sure if it's the cable or not, cuz im using the one that came with the fiio e7 and fiio L2, about to get fiio L9 as a Lod! When i unplug the cable, while tiding the amp and iphone together, sometimes it still has EMI! Mind is an arrow 12he 4g

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:
Not sure if it's the cable or not, cuz im using the one that came with the fiio e7 and fiio L2, about to get fiio L9 as a Lod! When i unplug the cable, while tiding the amp and iphone together, sometimes it still has EMI! Mind is an arrow 12he 4g

Then it is probably your phone. 

The close proximity and not well shielded nature of the Arrow is probably causing EMI.

But keep in mind that this isn't for certain as you aren't giving me anything else to go on.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #11 of 27
Will try with a lod and another iphone 4! When i use my phone thru usb to the denon sacd, there is no noise, but when i plug the amp into the phone(same position when using it with the denon) it has some noises right away

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #13 of 27
Can you please try it with your phone on airplane mode right now? And see if any noise come out for 30 mins? This will answer your question maybe on what is wrong with it.

Tried it and it killed all the emi! When i turn airplane mode off, the noise goes on right away

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:
Tried it and it killed all the emi! When i turn airplane mode off, the noise goes on right away

Yep, this is exactly what I have been talking about

You are using your phone as a portable music player. Which is fine, however an external amp without good or specific EMI shielding won't do you any good.

The phone is emiting signals that your amp is taking in as its not properly shielded.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #15 of 27
Yep, this is exactly what I have been talking about

You are using your phone as a portable music player. Which is fine, however an external amp without good or specific EMI shielding won't do you any good.

The phone is emiting signals that your amp is taking in as its not properly shielded.

So what can i do to create a shield for the amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back