Signal Cables for Sennheisers
Apr 28, 2013 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Peter_S

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone try the Signal Cables for Sennheisers?  They are very reasonably priced and have a 30 day trial period.  I'm thinking of checking them out with my HD580's and my Schidt Lyr amplifer (HRT iStreamer to various Apple Devices).  Anyone have experience with them?  Worthwhile?

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 10
Anything is an upgrade over the stock cable, lol.

May 16, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 10
Any other comments about these cables, especially the Signal Cable Silver Reference for Sennheiser HD580/600/650?
Any comparisons to other aftermarket Sennheiser cables?
Does it benefit the HD600 or the HD650 more?
I have a couple of pairs of their Silver Resolution interconnects, and I am very impressed with them.
Have been considering purchasing one.
Thanks.

May 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 10
I have used them with HD 650. Clears up the HD 650 "veil" noticeably, upper mids & treble clarity improves. IMHO & YMMV. At first treble may be a bit sharp , need 50-75 hrs of burn in & then gets smoother.

May 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 10
Thanks punit.
Sounds just what I am looking for.
I went ahead and ordered an 8 foot one.
Anyone else have any impressions?
Anyone tried it with the HD600?
Thanks.

May 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 10
I think the HD650 benefits a great deal and silver is a good choice, it helps the mudiness in the bass a bit.

The HD600 might also see some improvement, but it doesn't have much of the HD650 mudiness to being with.

I'd put my money on the HD650 seeing the biggest change.

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #8 of 10
Yes, bought the 8ft. Silver Reference Sennheiser cable.
Just now getting to break it in though...less than 50 hours as we speak.
Would rather wait till about 100 hours of burn in before giving impressions.

Jun 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 10
I just let the Signal Cable Silver Reference Sennheiser cable break in for about 100 hours.
Surprisingly, I actually prefer it on my HD600's, as opposed to my 650's.
I am using a Stefan Audio Art 650 LE Equinox on my 650's, and the Equinox sounds slightly more natural on my 650's.
The Signal Cable does sound really good on the 650's, but is very slightly thin sounding compared to the Equinox.
The bass and treble extension is quite similar.
The situation is reversed on the 600's.
The 600's sound better with the Signal Cable compared to the Equinox.
With the 650 LE Equinox, the 600's sound sort of congested or confused, for lack of better words.
The Signal cable opens up the 600's, and improves most every sonic aspect, and has less harshness to the upper mids, and more body to instruments.
With the Equinox on the 650, and the Signal Cable on the 600, the headphones sound similar, but the 650 is still slightly darker, and slightly bassier, and the 600 has slightly better midrange and treble clarity.
I was quite surprised by all of these results.
Both of these aftermarket cables sound better than the stock cables, but I am not sure if they are worth the relatively high prices.

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #10 of 10
  I just let the Signal Cable Silver Reference Sennheiser cable break in for about 100 hours.
Surprisingly, I actually prefer it on my HD600's, as opposed to my 650's.
I am using a Stefan Audio Art 650 LE Equinox on my 650's, and the Equinox sounds slightly more natural on my 650's.
The Signal Cable does sound really good on the 650's, but is very slightly thin sounding compared to the Equinox.
The bass and treble extension is quite similar.
The situation is reversed on the 600's.
The 600's sound better with the Signal Cable compared to the Equinox.
With the 650 LE Equinox, the 600's sound sort of congested or confused, for lack of better words.
The Signal cable opens up the 600's, and improves most every sonic aspect, and has less harshness to the upper mids, and more body to instruments.
With the Equinox on the 650, and the Signal Cable on the 600, the headphones sound similar, but the 650 is still slightly darker, and slightly bassier, and the 600 has slightly better midrange and treble clarity.
I was quite surprised by all of these results.
Both of these aftermarket cables sound better than the stock cables, but I am not sure if they are worth the relatively high prices.

Great comparison man! I am looking around for a replacement cable for my Senn HD600, will consider your comments 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back