Apr 16, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #182 of 223
Very impressive loaner program.
smily_headphones1.gif
I really wish I could participate as I feel my ATH-AD2000 don't really bring my rock/metal music alive!
No stores near me sell the high-end headphones, and saving up for school and requiring a car makes saving hard!

Hope it runs smoothly!

Cheers

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #183 of 223
I would be very interested in trying the GS-1000s. I was thinking of buying a pair and then found this thread. What a great idea! I bought the Denon AH-D7000 last week and had it for two days before deciding they weren't for me and already sold them. It sure would be nice to take some of the risk out of a purchase for a change.

PM sent to Zanth.

--Jerome

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #184 of 223
This is one of the coolest things I have seen in any of the style/music/design forums I belong to. Many props to all who are fortunate enough to participate in this. More props to Zanth for the idea. It really makes this community a community with the interaction aspect of it.

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #185 of 223
Hi,
Is the RS-1/RS-2 program on hold, looks like it never started? I just picked up another set of drivers that I am going to woody, the 325i set. Would love to compare my 3 Grados to the RS-1s.

May 10, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #186 of 223
I'm a little confused. A few pages back it looked like this loaner program was on hold until about early April. I sent Zanth a PM on April 19th but never got a response.

Anyway...please take me off the list (assuming I was ever on it in the first place). I have decided to buy a pair of GS1000s. Waiting almost a month for a reply and who knows how long to actually try the phones doesn't work for me. No biggie and no hard feelings at all.

--Jerome

May 10, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #187 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a little confused. A few pages back it looked like this loaner program was on hold until about early April. I sent Zanth a PM on April 19th but never got a response.

Anyway...please take me off the list (assuming I was ever on it in the first place). I have decided to buy a pair of GS1000s. Waiting almost a month for a reply and who knows how long to actually try the phones doesn't work for me. No biggie and no hard feelings at all.

--Jerome

I am in the same boat with the RS-1s that I would like to check out. I have the SR225, SR125, and GS1000s and wanted to audition the RS series. I'm not sure this program is still active. I hope it is.

May 10, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #188 of 223
It is still active but still on hold as I get into the next phase. Again guys, I am sorry for this but a bit of background:

I'm working on not one but two doctoral degrees. My day job is designing systems that can detect things like anthrax and these systems are also REALLY handy at detecting things like swine flu. These days with the swine flu scare I'm working anywhere between 18-20 hours a day, no exaggeration.

I had hoped to have everything organized and ready to go for the next phase by the first week of May but that has taken a dip, but it shouldn't be much longer. Basically the goal is to arrange for the i series instead of the models I have now. I'm hoping to get that worked out soon but I just don't have the time to sit down and get it together. Once I do, I will get the list up again and off we go.

May 26, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #193 of 223
Unfortunately, I do not qualify for this program, but this is awesome that you guys are doing this for the members of the headfi community. Hopefully, those who do participate are responsible and maybe we can have more in the future.

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #195 of 223
Wow, an awesome program you got going there. Seems like the posts are long so I probably won't be reading through everyone's posts here. Good job on contributing to the Head-Fi community in such a way. Yeah, it's nice that you're providing such a service to all the head-fi people.

I probably should have attended CanJam 09 and tried on a lost of the nice things I'd probably not normally get to try out. I'll most likely get more chances to experience different things. I'm more curious probably in trying out models I'm particularly planning to buy. Maybe some generous people might add the collection some time later.

As for helping expose other people to these particular cans offerred. Great job again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back