Side By Side Comparison - AirPods Max, B&O H95, Dali iO-6, B&W PX8, ML 5909, M&D MW75, Focal Bathys and more
Dec 20, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #391 of 464
Well, priorities are personal. Nevertheless, a comparison between ANC headphones that does not compare the effectiveness of the ANC is only half job.
You are more than welcome to start your own thread and go into the Xs and Os of ANC if that's what's important to you. As you stated, priorities are personal, and I make it very clear in my original post what mine are. This comparison thread was started because a few here on Head-Fi reached out to me asking me to compare my ANC headphones with sound being a priority. I still included features, including general comparisons in ANC, because I do feel it's important in a wireless ANC headphone, it's just not my main priority. If ANC is priority for you, there are plenty of YouTube videos and reviews on the internet that will tell you how Sony, Bose, and Apple are the greatest when it comes to ANC. That's not what my comparisons are focused on. With how far ANC has come, every headphone on this list does a good enough job to mute most noise when listening at a volume of around 50%. If you need a break down of which one cancels highs better, which one cancels lows better, which one cancels voices better, etc., I'm not your guy.

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #392 of 464
You are more than welcome to start your own thread and go into the Xs and Os of ANC if that's what's important to you. As you stated, priorities are personal, and I make it very clear in my original post what mine are. This comparison thread was started because a few here on Head-Fi reached out to me asking me to compare my ANC headphones with sound being a priority. I still included features, including general comparisons in ANC, because I do feel it's important in a wireless ANC headphone, it's just not my main priority. If ANC is priority for you, there are plenty of YouTube videos and reviews on the internet that will tell you how Sony, Bose, and Apple are the greatest when it comes to ANC. That's not what my comparisons are focused on. With how far ANC has come, every headphone on this list does a good enough job to mute most noise when listening at a volume of around 50%. If you need a break down of which one cancels highs better, which one cancels lows better, which one cancels voices better, etc., I'm not your guy.
You can review headphones just by colour, shape or weight, for that matter. You made your excellent review according to your priorities. I pointed out, based on sensible grounds, that IMO it is incomplete. Did not mean to raise your susceptibility

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #393 of 464
You can review headphones just by colour, shape or weight, for that matter. You made your excellent review according to your priorities. I pointed out, based on sensible grounds, that IMO it is incomplete. Did not mean to raise your susceptibility
I promise, you did not raise my susceptibility the least bit. That's not the place I currently reside in life. I didn't start or continue to maintain this thread for the approval or praise of others. Honestly, and this may sound harsh, I don't care. As I stated, I did this because there were a few who valued my opinion, and because I wanted to hopefully put something out there that I felt is mostly missing in the review world that could possibly help others when making decisions among the many wireless anc headphones available. I have never once gone into someone else's thread or review to state that their reviews or comparisons are incomplete because it doesn't include my personal preferences in content. What I did was do something about it in starting my own. I'll say again, if you find mine incomplete to your preferences, do something about it and start your own. I would love to read your thoughts and opinions.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #395 of 464
Hi Maukey, much thanks for your interesting thread.
Did you had ye chance to try Dali IO-12 yet ? If yes, how does it compare to Bathys and Solitaire T ?
Cheer's
I do own the iO-12. My official comparison to the others will be coming soon. For the time being you can see my initial impressions here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sid...75-focal-bathys-and-more.958727/post-17835407

Sound Quality wise they're a step up over the Bathys and are in the same class as the Solitaire T.

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #396 of 464
Jan 1, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #397 of 464

Your thread is more valuable than maybe even you yourself know.

Very few people can comparing so many relevant ANC headphones in a very close to objective way in the way that you doing. Fanboyism AND bad advice is sooooo common in this site and in YouTube, but MANY visitors of this site are not aware of this. Others people receiving money for doing what you're doing and they doing a poor job (!). You don't. And this is making your thread more invaluable.

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #398 of 464
Your thread is more valuable than maybe even you yourself know.

Very few people can comparing so many relevant ANC headphones in a very close to objective way in the way that you doing. Fanboyism AND bad advice is sooooo common in this site and in YouTube, but MANY visitors of this site are not aware of this. Others people receiving money for doing what you're doing and they doing a poor job (!). You don't. And this is making your thread more invaluable.
Thanks so much @angelom. Means a lot my friend.

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #399 of 464
I’m bored of dac,amps and cables.use my airpods a lot. So if i wanna go fullsize wireless,iO-12 is a great alternative?

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #400 of 464
I’m bored of dac,amps and cables.use my airpods a lot. So if i wanna go fullsize wireless,iO-12 is a great alternative?

The iO-12 is definitely a very good alternative. For context and for your information, I'm one of few people that actually thinking that the AirPods Pro 2nd Gen is clearly a better sounding head/earphone than the very more expensive PX8 ("An earphone by Apple sounding better than the full size flagship headphone by B&W???!! No way!!!").

BUT, the iO-12 is a BIG headphone with a BIG case -- some people will finding this two aspects a good reason for not considering the iO-12.

The Solitaire T is more expensive but is more compact (you can folding for portability) and the case is very more small and having better ANC and construction quality...BUT the earpads are small (not good for some people) The sound quality of the Solitaire T and iO-12 is different, but, for me, this are the very top of the ANC headphones when speaking of sound quality. Is also true that some people maybe preferring the ML 5909, Bathys or even the PX8 sound...or even a very more cheap alternative, but now we're speaking about very personal sound preferences. (The iO-12 and Solitaire T having a different approach to neutrality/refernce sound).

My advice: If you are seriously considering paying the price of the iO-12 (or even more for the Solitaire T), is best that you spending sufficient time reading the dedicated threads and maybe asking there (or here?) more questions. The iO-12 is still a very new headphone so more impressions by reputable people aren't available yet. The Solitaire T is one year old and you have impressions by very credible people.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #401 of 464
Yea think I must read on this forum
Pro 2 is really good for the price.maybe I should consider the airpod max. Not so expensive.is it worth spending over 600usd for cans with not replaceble battery?

Size dont bother me.Im a home listener.
Dont need ANC either.
Maybe hifiman without ANC is a better choice for me

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #402 of 464
Pro 2 is really good for the price.maybe I should consider the airpod max

For me the AirPods Pro 2 is better sounding than the AirPods max, and ANC is very similarly good.

is it worth spending over 600usd for cans with not replaceble battery?

T+A (manufacturer of the Solitaire T) confirming that they replacing ALL parts of the Solitaire T including the battery. I don't know about Dali (with the iO-12), but I imagine that maybe they will offering the same thing about the battery, but no confirmation yet that I know. I know for fact that Mark Levinson (manufacturer of the 1000 EUR 5909) confirming they DON'T replacing the battery in the future.

In case you don't know, only the Solitaire T, iO-12 and 5909 offering fully passive mode (like normal wired headphones). In fact, T+A designing the Solitaire T first as a very good passive/wired headphone and then they adding the BT aspect, and this BT feature is actually unique from all BT/ANC headphones (you really must reading more about this headphones).

Jan 1, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #403 of 464
Thank you.Think I drop t max.pro 2 is the newest from apple and most developed.maybe a max2 in future will beat the pro2.Listening to my pro 2 right now.Yes they’r really good.can live well with only my pro 2…Buth always hunting for better sound..
Will never buy B&W.owned a pair px7 for many years ago.both drivers broke.

So maybe TA is the best option.replaceble parts is nice.
Same as Beyerdynamic

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #404 of 464
Look at my new friend! @bronco1015 you're not a good influence. You just had to mention it and peak my curiosity :rolling_eyes:

IMG_2878.jpeg
So I've been using these a couple of weeks now. I had initial impressions on these after a few days, but due to the holidays here in the states, I haven't had time to post them. Well, the time has come so here goes.

Design - Very similar to the M4U 8 MKII. This means, nothing special. Not my favorite headphone when it comes to looks, but it appears to have a decent build quality. A lot of hard plastic.

Comfort - Around middle of the pack. In the same class for my ears and head shape as the Dali iO-6 and Focal Bathys

Features - Not bottom of the class like the Dali iO-6, but definitely not top of the class. Pretty basic app and feature set. It's best feature is its Audiodo hearing test and personal sound optimization. Of all the headphones that utilize this feature, these do it the best to my ears.

ANC/Transparency - Adjustable Transparency level that's really good although a little artificial sounding. ANC is average. Middle of the pack.

Sound - My favorite thing about these headphones. I've always been a big fan of PSB/NAD Viso and the roomfeel technology they use for tuning. This is their best wireless anc headphone yet in my opinion when it comes to sound quality. I honestly have a hard time trying to describe the sound of these. I want to say harmanish, but it's so much more than that. Not to sound like an advertisement, but the way they describe their roomfeel technology is actually pretty true. "Energy and warmth when listening to high-quality speakers in a well treated room". Very well done bass with excellent vocals. There's a little voodoo going on with the treble, but it's tasteful. Just a very musical listen. Not to give too much info before I add these to the comparison, but when it comes to sound these will be near the top of the list, dethroning some that are more expensive.

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #405 of 464
So I've been using these a couple of weeks now. I had initial impressions on these after a few days, but due to the holidays here in the states, I haven't had time to post them. Well, the time has come so here goes.

Design - Very similar to the M4U 8 MKII. This means, nothing special. Not my favorite headphone when it comes to looks, but it appears to have a decent build quality. A lot of hard plastic.

Comfort - Around middle of the pack. In the same class for my ears and head shape as the Dali iO-6 and Focal Bathys

Features - Not bottom of the class like the Dali iO-6, but definitely not top of the class. Pretty basic app and feature set. It's best feature is its Audiodo hearing test and personal sound optimization. Of all the headphones that utilize this feature, these do it the best to my ears.

ANC/Transparency - Adjustable Transparency level that's really good although a little artificial sounding. ANC is average. Middle of the pack.

Sound - My favorite thing about these headphones. I've always been a big fan of PSB/NAD Viso and the roomfeel technology they use for tuning. This is their best wireless anc headphone yet in my opinion when it comes to sound quality. I honestly have a hard time trying to describe the sound of these. I want to say harmanish, but it's so much more than that. Not to sound like an advertisement, but the way they describe their roomfeel technology is actually pretty true. "Energy and warmth when listening to high-quality speakers in a well treated room". Very well done bass with excellent vocals. There's a little voodoo going on with the treble, but it's tasteful. Just a very musical listen. Not to give too much info before I add these to the comparison, but when it comes to sound these will be near the top of the list, dethroning some that are more expensive.
I am glad these have been a good listen for you, sounds like for the rest of the feature set, no surprises for what I expected, which to me is a good thing. Now that I'm home from holiday vacationing, I will pick these up soon. The prospect of these being a great vvalue purchase in my mind, has been one reason I haven't picked up the IO 12 yet. not that I'm implying or suggesting that the M4U 9 and IO12 are in the same class, I just figured that I would probably pick up the M4U 9 first, and if I was happy with it's sound, then i probably wouldn't purchase the IO12 right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back