Side By Side Comparison - AirPods Max, B&O H95, Dali iO-6, B&W PX8, ML 5909, M&D MW75, Focal Bathys and more
Nov 2, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #361 of 464
Try them all if you can.
That's the problem, unfortunately I can't.
At least the MW75 and ML 5909 are not available in any store near me for a test listening....
Ordering and returning would be the only thing that comes to my mind.
Bathys also rock
Unfortunately, I do not like the design at all.
You may want to consider the just released Dali IO-12 too
They look really interesting. But the price is very high and because they are released just now, they won't be available on the second-hand market anytime soon.
And also here I dont know where I could test them beforehand.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #362 of 464
That's the problem, unfortunately I can't.
At least the MW75 and ML 5909 are not available in any store near me for a test listening....
Ordering and returning would be the only thing that comes to my mind.

Unfortunately, I do not like the design at all.

They look really interesting. But the price is very high and because they are released just now, they won't be available on the second-hand market anytime soon.
And also here I dont know where I could test them beforehand.
I mean the easy answer then is PX8, if you liked the P7w then you're getting a very similar sound signature only with better seperation, a large and more impressive sound image, and higher quality bass. The PX8 is much, much more comfortable too. Overall it's a much better headphone than the p7w.

The MW75 is not in a league with Bathys/PX8 imo. I took the PX8 & MW75 to Convince me audio's house and let him try them with no preliminary remarks, and he echoed me exactly, MW75 has sharpness in the treble and heaps of sibilance. At least the unit we had. Imo the P7w spanks the MW75 for sound quality, let alone PX8...

Nov 11, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #363 of 464
Nov 11, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #364 of 464
Hello Maukey.

I think is a good idea that I posting a link in your thread of my impressions of the new Dali iO-12. In this impressions I'm also comparing different aspects with (specially) the T+A Solitaire T and the Mark Levinson No. 5909:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/t-a-solitaire-t-wireless-headphone.964925/page-106#post-17812307
Really enjoyed reading the comparison of all 3! Thanks Angelom! Makes me want the T+A solitaire t even more...maybe if I get a nice work bonus haha.

Nov 19, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #367 of 464
I have added the Bose QuietComfort Ultra Headphones to the comparison.

Very nice and, I think, keeping with your usual effort for being objective (always considering your personal preferences that you making clear in the first post).

I think we have a very similar opinion of the QC Ultra, a headphone that, unfortunately, here in head-fi many, many people will not paying sufficient attention to simply because is by Bose.

Good job again!

Nov 19, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #368 of 464
Very nice and, I think, keeping with your usual effort for being objective (always considering your personal preferences that you making clear in the first post).

I think we have a very similar opinion of the QC Ultra, a headphone that, unfortunately, here in head-fi many, many people will not paying sufficient attention to simply because is by Bose.

Good job again!
Thanks @angelom

Nov 21, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #370 of 464
Well look what we have here! And just in time for my Thanksgiving Holiday here in the states 😊

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg

Nov 21, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #371 of 464
Does anyone in the UK want an MW75 for £320 brand new and sealed?

M&D are doing a discount of 40% and i want the MH40, but you have to order over £650 worth of stuff or so. Could get an MW75 on top (or MH40) and split it with someone else looking for a bargain :gs1000smile:

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #372 of 464
So I've been asked to give initial impressions on headphones when I get them since I like to spend a few weeks with a headphone before I add it to my comparison. So in saying that, these are my initial impressions after spending a couple of days with the Dali iO-12.

Design - Excellent. Solid build, premium feel. Very big though, wouldn't travel with them unless I put them in my luggage and carried them as a secondary pair. The sound will definitely encourage me to do that though. More to come on that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Comfort - Excellent. Reminds me of the iO-6 but with different shaped earpads and a little heavier. Will definitely be near the top of the class.

Features - A step up over the iO-6, but still not a feature monster. No app or built-in EQ. There is multipoint, USB-C Audio, and a button on the headphones for bass boost.

ANC/Transparency - ANC is actually really good. Passive isolation is similar to the Bathys, which means not as good as the Solitaire T or PX8. Transparency is surprisingly good

Sound - Detailed, Spacious, and Addictive. Makes me want to listen for hours. Compared to the Solitaire T, is definitely in the same class. Solitaire T's are a little more neutral and resolving. Sounds a little cleaner overall. The iO-12 sounds bigger and more dynamic. Solitaire T wins the battle of sound consistency in all modes. Haven't listened to the iO-12 passively yet, but similar to the iO-6, ANC On adds bass and slightly changes the treble. ANC off sounds a little more neutral. Neither mode sounds bad by any means though. These 2 headphones are easily to my ears the leaders of sound quality in the wireless ANC world.

More to come in a couple of weeks.

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #373 of 464
So I've been asked to give initial impressions on headphones when I get them since I like to spend a few weeks with a headphone before I add it to my comparison. So in saying that, these are my initial impressions after spending a couple of days with the Dali iO-12.

Design - Excellent. Solid build, premium feel. Very big though, wouldn't travel with them unless I put them in my luggage and carried them as a secondary pair. The sound will definitely encourage me to do that though. More to come on that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Comfort - Excellent. Reminds me of the iO-6 but with different shaped earpads and a little heavier. Will definitely be near the top of the class.

Features - A step up over the iO-6, but still not a feature monster. No app or built-in EQ. There is multipoint, USB-C Audio, and a button on the headphones for bass boost.

ANC/Transparency - ANC is actually really good. Passive isolation is similar to the Bathys, which means not as good as the Solitaire T or PX8. Transparency is surprisingly good

Sound - Detailed, Spacious, and Addictive. Makes me want to listen for hours. Compared to the Solitaire T, is definitely in the same class. Solitaire T's are a little more neutral and resolving. Sounds a little cleaner overall. The iO-12 sounds bigger and more dynamic. Solitaire T wins the battle of sound consistency in all modes. Haven't listened to the iO-12 passively yet, but similar to the iO-6, ANC On adds bass and slightly changes the treble. ANC off sounds a little more neutral. Neither mode sounds bad by any means though. These 2 headphones are easily to my ears the leaders of sound quality in the wireless ANC world.

More to come in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for the write up. When you get a chance can you test passive mode vs the Solitaire T? These are my two possible choices but I really want something that sounds good even when fed from an external amp.

Thanks!

Nov 24, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #374 of 464
Thanks for the write up. When you get a chance can you test passive mode vs the Solitaire T? These are my two possible choices but I really want something that sounds good even when fed from an external amp.

Thanks!

If good/excellent passive performance is important for you, then the answer is simple, the Solitaire T is the best than any ANC headphone, including, of course, the iO-12 (I own both at same time). The Solitaire T is the only one that truly giving you extremely close excellent sound / tonal balance between BT (in "High Quality") mode and wired-only mode (with headphone switched off), and is the best headphone of any with the more consistent sound between all modes (BT-only, BT "HQ", ANC on, Transparency on, USB-C connection or passive).

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #375 of 464
These 2 headphones are easily to my ears the leaders of sound quality in the wireless ANC world.
Thank you for sharing your first impressions with us.
I would like to know, if you don't mind, a little more information about the sound quality of the Dali iO-12.
Question: “The sound quality of the Bathys is inferior to the Dali iO-12”?
Thank you for the information provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back