Side By Side Comparison - AirPods Max, B&O H95, Dali iO-6, B&W PX8, ML 5909, M&D MW75, Focal Bathys and more
Apr 13, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #453 of 464
Great info in this thread. Looking for a travel headphone until the APM2 comes out, think I’m going with the Px7 s2e. I’m full Apple environment, but the complaints with problems, price, and age steer me away from them.

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #455 of 464
AirPods Max

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #456 of 464
Great info in this thread. Looking for a travel headphone until the APM2 comes out, think I’m going with the Px7 s2e. I’m full Apple environment, but the complaints with problems, price, and age steer me away from them.
For travel exclusively, I really think the Bose QuietComfort Ultra are the best. So light and comfortable. Tiny case. Excellent ANC. Good mic array for conversation in loud environments. Good enough sound for the plane and airport. Key is to find them on sale for under $300.

Apr 15, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #458 of 464
For travel exclusively, I really think the Bose QuietComfort Ultra are the best. So light and comfortable. Tiny case. Excellent ANC. Good mic array for conversation in loud environments. Good enough sound for the plane and airport. Key is to find them on sale for under $300.
I ordered the PX7 S2e from Amazon today to see how they sound. I plan on sending them back after testing them out because the APM2 will be a lot more useful to me since I am fully in the Apple ecosystem.

If I could find the Bose Ultra for under $300, I would jump on them. I got a “like new” pair of B&W for $315 on Amazon. The Bose ones were all still close to $400

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #459 of 464
after reading all 31 pages of this thread, I want to thank @Maukey and all the other contributors on their opinions on ANC headphones. I plan on trying out the H95 (can be found around $500 used on amazon) and maybe the 5909s after I test the Px7 S2e. I would like to try the Px8 as well. EDIT: and the Bathys too

I don't see myself going the iO-12 or Solitare T route since I don't expect FLAC quality over BT using an iPhone, but I do want quality sound with comprable ANC functionality. I might look into the Bose QC Ultra as well. I thought about traveling with my Maxwells, but 1) they seem too big to travel with and 2) they dont offer any type of ANC. I do love how they sound with music after EQing them in the Audeze app.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #460 of 464
after reading all 31 pages of this thread, I want to thank @Maukey and all the other contributors on their opinions on ANC headphones. I plan on trying out the H95 (can be found around $500 used on amazon) and maybe the 5909s after I test the Px7 S2e. I would like to try the Px8 as well. EDIT: and the Bathys too

I don't see myself going the iO-12 or Solitare T route since I don't expect FLAC quality over BT using an iPhone, but I do want quality sound with comprable ANC functionality. I might look into the Bose QC Ultra as well. I thought about traveling with my Maxwells, but 1) they seem too big to travel with and 2) they dont offer any type of ANC. I do love how they sound with music after EQing them in the Audeze app.
FWIW: I still love my H95 and haven't looked elsewhere for SQ increments (for ANC you may prefer the Sony's or Bose).

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #461 of 464
I actually made a deal with a fellow head fi user to buy his H95s. I did some more research and I really like how they function and SQ is important to me.

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #462 of 464
I know that this thread is principally about ANC headphones, but I think some people visiting this thread will maybe having some interest in the new Bose Ultra Open Earbuds. This new earphones are not ANC earphones (like the Bose QuietComfort Ultra Earbuds or the Apple AirPods Pro), and they don't going inside your ears, they are the new Bose competition for the still very popular old open-style AirPods that now are in their 3rd generation).

Today is my fourth day with this earphones and I deciding starting a thread about this product 2 days ago because of the very positive impressions I have in all this days -- here is the link for the thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-bose-ultra-open-earbuds.972598/#post-18092909

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #463 of 464
I know that this thread is principally about ANC headphones, but I think some people visiting this thread will maybe having some interest in the new Bose Ultra Open Earbuds. This new earphones are not ANC earphones (like the Bose QuietComfort Ultra Earbuds or the Apple AirPods Pro), and they don't going inside your ears, they are the new Bose competition for the still very popular old open-style AirPods that now are in their 3rd generation).

Today is my fourth day with this earphones and I deciding starting a thread about this product 2 days ago because of the very positive impressions I have in all this days -- here is the link for the thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-bose-ultra-open-earbuds.972598/#post-18092909
Thanks Angelom! I'm actually very interested in these

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #464 of 464
How do you like them?
Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.
i remember seeing a notification about the post, thinking I'd reply later and totally forgot till I logged in today.
Anyway, I'm honestly disapointed in them.
I don't mind eqing Headphones, and do it often.
But something about the M4u 9 really bugs me.
There is a lot of energy in some treble regions and some in the area around 125K that is especially annoying to my ears.
I almost wonder if I have a deffective pair, but haven't had a chance to get in touch with PSB and share thoughts with them.
My initial thought was just to save for the IO12.
I wish I had.
I am now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back