Side By Side Comparison - AirPods Max, B&O H95, Dali iO-6, B&W PX8, ML 5909, M&D MW75, Focal Bathys and more
Dec 18, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #152 of 464
I know this is about ANC BT cans but just a shout-out for the little brother Dali IO-4 that share driver design with IO-6 just without the ANC. Since Dali ANC is pretty mediocre why pay more for that (as long as you get a proper seal). :) Plus double the battery life (60hrs)!

Of those mentioned that I own I agree on SQ: XM4->XM5->APM->IO4 (ascending).

Dec 23, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #157 of 464
I repurchased the B&O H95 to compare to some of my newer favorites. It had been a while since I heard them, and some of my more recent adds were compared to them off memory. The H95s have had a couple of firmware updates since I last owned them. I have updated my comparison list to reflect my recent experience.
That ranking seems fair - the H95 are really quite capable sound-wise imo. The second time I bought them (have since sold them on again) they sounded less harsh/peaky in the treble to me too so perhaps it was a firmware-related improvement. Although the H95 offers a more balanced FR over the PX8, I think the PX8 is better in times of timbre - instruments and voices sound more real / less digital. I'd possibly favour the H95 (and even the APM) over the PX8 if I listened to lots of electronic stuff.

Jan 3, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #158 of 464
Any news concerning the Solitaire T?

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #160 of 464
Thank you for the update and take your time. Better to have a valid statement for sure.

Sitting on the fence it just gets harder each day passing to keep me from clicking that buy button... :L3000:

Jan 4, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #161 of 464
Jan 6, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #162 of 464
I appreciate the comparison, you just made it a bit more difficult as I haven't bought the px7 s2 yet. I've gone through this thread and other reviews and just think the px7 s2 would have the sound signature that I would enjoy more. I had the wired P7 few years ago and enjoyed it. I ended up selling it because I didn't like that they were on ear and even though they sounded good, I much preferred my Fostex TH-X00 for home and IEMs for on the go.

I do like the analytical sound though but for my use, I think the px7 s2 might be the way to go for me. But who knows, I might end up with both at some point
I had px7 s2 for a short time but couldn’t stand their super narrow soundstage - everything played inside my head. Also vocals missed some necessary volume, they were like drowned among the instruments. now testing sennheiser momentum 4 and so far happy with them.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #163 of 464
I had px7 s2 for a short time but couldn’t stand their super narrow soundstage - everything played inside my head. Also vocals missed some necessary volume, they were like drown among the instruments. now testing sennheiser momentum 4 and so far happy with them.
I actually enjoy that narrow soundstage. Feels more intimate for this particular headphone. Normally I like a wider soundstage, even though none of my headphones have a particularly large soundstage.

I don't listen to a lot of vocals I guess so never found a problem. What I do find though is that sometimes the bass can be a little boomy in certain songs. Otherwise I love them. Thought about getting the Momentum 4 as they were my second option. But I want to save up some money for the Focal Bathys or Mark Levinsons

Jan 9, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #164 of 464
Would anyone here happen to know if the MW75’s battery is easily replaceable? I have been told the H95 is very user friendly and have seen the BW to be not that hard of a job (probably just as easy as the H95 + 1-2 extra steps). I was actually torn between the MW75 and px8 and it comes down to longevity for me. The MW75 do have passive listening but I feel having an easily replaceable battery is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back