Shure Warranty
Jan 6, 2010 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Abel27

New Head-Fier
hey people, this is my very frist post on this website.. ok i have a question about Shure Warranty.. the other day something happen to my se530 and im not if shures warrenty would cover the accident i had. this is my story: acouple of days ago i was cleaning the black foam with soap and water but i still had the black foam attached to the headphones and guess what happened, a little bit of water got into the headphones and removed the white filter ( i was cleaning them with a cotton swab)..the water fell through the left bud but the left earbud still works...the only damage i see is that the left side sounds louder then the right side....the reason i still had the black foamies on the headphones was because the foamies always get stuck on the nozzle and since the nozzle is fragile i did not wanted risking breaking the nozzle too take out the foamies.. i mean im always careful with these headphones and i didnt do this intentionally, for me this is very heartbreaking.... soo do you guys think shure would fix these headphones for free or do i have to pay for the repairs??

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 9
Shure is one of the best companies to deal with in regards to warranty. Send them an email and tell them your story and I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced your set.

I was once changing the tips and I snapped off the nozzle. I tried to repair it with crazy glue but it failed, so I sent them an email and they told me to send it in and that they would replace it. They took it back even with glue all over the housing with no questions and replaced it with a brand new set.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 9
Just a note told to me by Shure tech support. When the tips are stuck wrap the phones in a paper towel and put the in the freezer for about 20 mins. They will twist right off no problem.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure is one of the best companies to deal with in regards to warranty. Send them an email and tell them your story and I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced your set.

I was once changing the tips and I snapped off the nozzle. I tried to repair it with crazy glue but it failed, so I sent them an email and they told me to send it in and that they would replace it. They took it back even with glue all over the housing with no questions and replaced it with a brand new set.

Heh: I JUST did this with my UM3X.

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #5 of 9
Or you could slightly lube the bore before putting the tips on, so when its time to take off, just a slight twist and pull comes right off.

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #6 of 9
This is why you remove the tips before cleaning them if possible. Look at how to remove it if you are having troubles
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 9
I can attest to Shure's great warranty service. My snapped SRH840 have been repaired for no cost and I will be picking it up tomorrow (from my appartment's main office.).

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
umm, if you dont have a shure warranty(secondhand/ran out), what are your options for twisted se530 cable?

I have no idea.

I can say that instead of repairing my SRH840's they simply replaced 'em with not just the headphones but a whole new box! So I get another set of accessories! Really happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back