Shure Warranty Question...
Mar 28, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #91 of 107
Ok, I should receive my new Shure SE530's this Tuesday, 4 day wait...
redface.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #92 of 107
my dog chewed up my se530's...no chance of warranty, right?
*sigh* anyone want to take a pair of chewed up se530's off me? sound still comes out of both sides, left is intermittent right is fine...
throw me an offer =] comes with everything...metal box, accessories etc

Mar 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #93 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeroy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my dog chewed up my se530's...no chance of warranty, right?
*sigh* anyone want to take a pair of chewed up se530's off me? sound still comes out of both sides, left is intermittent right is fine...
throw me an offer =] comes with everything...metal box, accessories etc

Give your warranty a try. Write a note about what happened and package it with your receipt and return form and mail it to Shure. It's worth a try. Also do you have pictures of your SE530's?

Mar 28, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #94 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give your warranty a try. Write a note about what happened and package it with your receipt and return form and mail it to Shure. It's worth a try. Also do you have pictures of your SE530's?

is a paypal receipt good enough? bought these on ebay jan 28,08

mjmznm.jpg

2193q7c.jpg

snc6ex.jpg

Mar 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #95 of 107
Quote:

[IM]http://i44.tinypic.com/mjmznm.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://i39.tinypic.com/2193q7c.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://i39.tinypic.com/snc6ex.jpg[/IMG]

Yea a paypal receipt it good. Wow, may those Shure SE530's R.I.P
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #98 of 107
Ebay retailers aren't authorized shure dealers, there's a good chance shure won't replace them. They are known for their great customer service and I believe have been known to honour warranties even when people haven't bought from an authorized dealer. I would give them a call first and see whta they say. If they won't help you out then at least it will save you the shipping cost.

Mar 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #99 of 107
Quote:

mjmznm.jpg

2193q7c.jpg

snc6ex.jpg

oh my gosh, further evidence that the case is the most essential accessory one could hope for in the fight against our animals.

it also shows that all those people complaining that the black grip seperates easy from the housing must be doing something seriously wrong because those se530 have been chewed by what looks like lions and that issue has not cropped up, strange that one.

Mar 28, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #100 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh my gosh, further evidence that the case is the most essential accessory one could hope for in the fight against our animals.

it also shows that all those people complaining that the black grip seperates easy from the housing must be doing something seriously wrong because those se530 have been chewed by what looks like lions and that issue has not cropped up, strange that one.

And to think my SE530's were in WW1. Shure will raise 3 eyebrows after seeing these SE530's.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #101 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why would they give you a brand new set of phones and then send you a bill, they would have to ask you if your prepared to pay the bill before they send you new earphones, and if they did this you must have been out of warranty, otherwise why would a warranty exist.

When I called customer service they would not tell me if there would be a charge. I had to put my credit card info on the return slip and include an explanation as to why I thought Shure shoud replace them. My nozzle snapped when I was trying to pry the black foamies off. As others have noted, some of the black foamies are nearly impossible to pry off. I spoke to Shure about this problem and they told me that there is a chemical bonding problem, but that it usually shows up only on the newly shipped es530's and that they are working on the problem. Nonetheless, I was charged.

As for your question about a warranty, my argument was even if they were past the two year point (they were not but I did not have the receipt) they should have been replaced since Shure acknowledges the problem with their black foamies.

Apr 1, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #102 of 107
Yesterday I was suppose to get my SE530's from UPS but I missed them. Today I got them!!! OMG I'm so happy. I can finally be able to listen to music in high quality again!!!! Shure customer service is the best!!!!

On the connector jack on the end of my SE530's it says "3118" which should mean I have the new wires. The wires feel alot softer and more flexible then my previous pair.

gedc1088.jpg

gedc1089.jpg

I'll make sure to treat these SE530's as a newborn.

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #103 of 107
Happy ending! Congrats.

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #104 of 107
Quote:

On the connector jack on the end of my SE530's it says "3118" which should mean I have the new wires. The wires feel alot softer and more flexible then my previous pair.

Yours were born 8 days after mine.

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #105 of 107
Quote:

The wires feel alot softer and more flexible then my previous pair.

I agree. Also, I think the wires (between each IEM and the Y connector) are thinner than those on the older-style cables. Not completely sure since I can't compare them directly, but these new ones keep striking me as being noticeably thinner.

Congrats on the new phones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back