Shure Sucks
Jul 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

The SRH-840 and SE535 totally suck...

...the SRH-940, and SE425 are a different story!!

better build quality, sound, everything.

Your post sure proves how SQ opinions differ widely because I just saw someone post about two days ago that they don't like the sound of the 940 and thinks the 840 sounds better.

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #47 of 51
Your post sure proves how SQ opinions differ widely because I just saw someone post about two days ago that they don't like the sound of the 940 and thinks the 840 sounds better.

It's all subjective in this hobby. Those debates have been going on for a long time now. Personally I find the 840 to be the better all rounder. However I would not say one is necessarily better than the other - it's up to the person listening since they have two different sound sigs.

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #48 of 51
Take Kiteki's post with a grain of salt - I think from memory (and it was posted over  ayear ago) that there was quite a debate going on about the SRH940 vs the SRH840 at the time.

Couple of things about his post that are interesting to note now .......

Quote:

The SRH-840 and SE535 totally suck...

...the SRH-940, and SE425 are a different story!!

better build quality, sound, everything.

The SE425 and SE535 have exactly the same build quality (I've owned both) - they share the same design
The SRH940 may have a recurring problem with cracking around the hinge - have been a few reports so far.  The SRH840 doesn't seem to have the same issues.  Again - I owned both.

On the sound - I definitely preferred the 840 to the 940, and also the 535 to the 425 (although the 425 is an excellent IEM IMO).

You can't argue the build quality comments.  As usual though the SQ is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder - no rights or wrongs  
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #49 of 51
+1 on this thread being way too dramatic and the OP should have done more research before buying them. He also paid way too much and seems to be more concerned about complaining about them than just getting them replaced (they have a 2 year warranty).

Personally I will never buy a pair of Shure headphones because I find it absolutely unacceptable that you have to pay $700 to get a pair that isn't 100% plastic. Typical American rubbish built with the absolute cheapest materials they could find. I don't care how they sound, if they aren't built to last they don't deserve your business over the other companies that are out there, IMO.

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #50 of 51
IME, shure has mediocre build quality when being compared with other products. most of the problems i experienced is the plastic cracking or cable breaking even if it is not that used. maybe it is due to weather or something

i cant tell their new headphones though

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #51 of 51
I live in the UK, in the UK they are anal people. look:

"
Hi Keli, what is the DEALER cost of this Service Exchange Repair please… I am a dealer not an end user."

Shure reply
The Service Exchange deal on earpieces entitles you to a 45% discount on a new set of SE535. This means that you will pay £263.44p inc VAT."

[size=11.0pt]All this and I am a Dealer not and end user, I supplied the invoice proving they were returned inside the warranty period and they refused to honour it[/size] because they claim the end user who sent them to me within his allotted time didnt send them direct to Shure and thus by the time I sent them they were not under warranty. I bought three units as a company. two direct from SHURE and one from another reseller.

NEVER AGAIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back