Shure SRH440 with SRH840 Replacement Ear Cushions
Jun 28, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #16 of 21
I put my 840s on, and even though I never had a problem with comfort, I can tell that the tips of my ears are touching the drivers a bit. It's not enough to hurt my ears, but everyone's different and it might bug you. The pads isolate *very* well and the sound is very smooth. Couldn't tell you if the sound is because of the drivers or pads (no reference for you).

I should mention that I feel like the 840s don't clamp on your head very hard, which may be why I don't experience discomfort with them even though my ears hit the drivers a bit. If the 440s clamp heavily I don't think the 840 pads would help. Overall the 840s pads are very comfy and isolate well. They are not super deep but I never found it to be a problem.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
Are shure srh840 earpads deeper than 440 earpads? this is because my 440 earpads are incredibly shallow which make me feel so uncomfortable when my ears toucing the cover that protecting the driver

I have the 840 pads on my SRH440. I had the same problem with the stock pads. The 840 pads are around the same thickness, and my ears still touch the cover for the drivers. The difference is that the driver cover on the 840 pads are padded, as opposed to just a thin mesh on the stock pads. That makes it much more comfortable.

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #19 of 21
I also have the 840 pads on my 440's.  The comfort difference is very noticeable.  The 840 pads are much softer and more comfortable.  The 840 pads are also thicker, although I think my ears still may touch.  It's not noticeable though.

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #20 of 21
Hey guys, have anyone of you found better alternative to 840 pads? I too have depth issues with the stock pads and looking for little bit more isolation and bass. If nothing else is available, I would get 840 pads.

Jul 7, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #21 of 21
Hey guys, have anyone of you found better alternative to 840 pads? I too have depth issues with the stock pads and looking for little bit more isolation and bass. If nothing else is available, I would get 840 pads.
The best pads I have found for the srh840 are the alcantara pads for th srh1540. These are not only infinitely more comfortable than the stock pleather pads, they sound much better. The help the srh840s to be more cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Made everything a tad more neutral which was exactly what I was hoping for. I know this thread is 5 yrs old but it would be good information to get an update on what has been working for them as far as replacement ear pads go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back