Shure SRH 840 Exposed Cable Questions
Jul 7, 2011 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

zpolt

New Head-Fier
I just got my 840s and I love them. Sound quality and comfort is superb! However, my only problem is the exposed cables that connect from the band to the cups.

I would like to hear from 840 users how to deal with the exposed wires? This is to better take care of my cans and prevent future problems.

Maybe tape them or something? Lol. Thanks!

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 17
I don't do anything.
Actually I don't think you can damage them just by moving the cups since they're long enough to move along. I guess you have to be carefull if you're traveling with them tho.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 17
i have had mine for 4 months and i constantly travel with them and the wires have no issues. they are actually pretty solid. don't worry about it. it would take a bit of force to rip them out anyways.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 17
Yeah I wouldn't worry about them. Outside of ripping them out I don't see how it would be an issue. Plus, Shures warranty is top notch so if any problems do arise, they will repair or replace them for you.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
Yeah I wouldn't worry about them. Outside of ripping them out I don't see how it would be an issue. Plus, Shures warranty is top notch so if any problems do arise, they will repair or replace them for you.

ah german cub. regarding their seemingly incredible warranty i hope your right. i sent mine in for repairs (non wire issue) and i am awaiting a new pair. should have it back in a week or so. wish me luck.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #7 of 17
ah german cub. regarding their seemingly incredible warranty i hope your right. i sent mine in for repairs (non wire issue) and i am awaiting a new pair. should have it back in a week or so. wish me luck.

You'll be fine I promise. Let us know when you get them.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #8 of 17
Jul 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
definitely will do.

just for some reason it feels strange without them. kind of like a part of me was taken away from me. then again i always have my headphones around my neck and my friends and family say the headphones are a part of my body. oh dang i can't wait to get them back.

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
Yeah man! Thats why I bought these headphones, superb sound quality. Yeah you guys are right. Extra care to the headphones wont hurt. :D

just don't do the following

play them loud with an amp
turn on equalizer to much (to much treble, bass)
rip em off your head with the cord

oh and one more thing. the jack bends fairly easily. so make sure you are careful with the jack. mine almost snapped off one time.
regarding the headband. absolutely phenomenal durability. i can bend it to insane levels and it just takes it. the extender looks cheap because it's plastic but i assure you it's more durable then i used to give it credit for.

and another thing i like about these id that the earpads don't crack. i used to have the shure srh750dj and the earpads cracked and became stiff in a matter of months.

i got mine for $129.99 on sale from $250 at best buy(futureshop). apparently it was on clearance. for that price i think they are amazing but i am still getting over the fact i spent more then $100 on headphones. i have a long way to go before i convince myself that $300 for headphones is cheap. $200 seems high end to me still.

anyways enjoy your new headphones and don't worry about breaking them. durability is top notch. oh and take my advice and don't listen to loud.

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #12 of 17
I wouldnt worry about the wires too much, they seem real solid, and well made.

Yeah I love these headophones, for once Im feeling my music, not just listening to it.
atsmile.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
just don't do the following

play them loud with an amp

why not?
i have a rather big SS amp and i can crank the crap out of them.  much more than any other can i've had

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
why not?
i have a rather big SS amp and i can crank the crap out of them.  much more than any other can i've had

i feel that is how my last pair broke. but everything is good now shure sent me a new pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back