Shure se846 vs. JH16/13
Jan 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #77 of 93
Would the Westone ES5 / ES50 be a good middle ground between the two IEMs that are subject of this thread?  From what I've heard, a bit more of a relaxed presentation than the JH13, while at the same time, a bit more comfortable.

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #78 of 93
I would like to think that the SE846 is bringing anything to the masses but at $1k that's unrealistic. The only thing being brought to the masses is bloated fart-can bass that seems to be so popular in Beats and other designer headphones that are so popular nowadays. Everywhere I look people are wearing them, and to think they could buy a quality pair of headphones for what they pay for the Beats.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #79 of 93
I've decided to take your advice danpong, and have cancelled the order for having my 535's customised, and have ordered the UM miracle instead. However because after so long I find my 535's start to feel uncomfortable, I might eventually have them customised like I was going to do, but I won't have any drivers added.
I was considering the Fitear ToGo334's, but decided not to bother because I've had enough of universals.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on what you felt would be the best thing to do.

I'm soooo disappointed, hahaha.  When I read what you were originally ordering, I couldn't wait to hear how it turned out.  I imagine you wound up making the wiser choice here, but I was just so excited!  It was like watching a stuntman (no! a daredevil!) attempt a harrowing trick for the first time!  What would happen?!  

But yes, probably a good choice to step back from the fiery pit of robotic shark-lions that you were about to try to jump over...

I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of your purchase.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #81 of 93
  I always go into these "vs" threads expecting a comparison ,but I just leave disapointed. 

Yeah, it could maybe use a question mark in the title.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #82 of 93
I'm soooo disappointed, hahaha.  When I read what you were originally ordering, I couldn't wait to hear how it turned out.  I imagine you wound up making the wiser choice here, but I was just so excited!  It was like watching a stuntman (no! a daredevil!) attempt a harrowing trick for the first time!  What would happen?!  

But yes, probably a good choice to step back from the fiery pit of robotic shark-lions that you were about to try to jump over...

I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of your purchase.

I'm actually glad I didn't have my 535's done, because while I'm very happy with the comfort and SQ of my UM Miracle, I don't like it's cable. IMO it looks and feels flimsy and that would've been the same cable used on my 535's.
I think what I'll do with my 535's, is just have custom sleeves done because after all it was only the comfort that was an issue with me.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #83 of 93
I think you probably made the right choice.

Have you seen videos on youtube where people are making their own custom tips from mold-able plastic?  It looks fairly easy and it's cheap.  How it turns out, I don't know...

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #85 of 93
Maybe I'll be the test subject...

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #87 of 93
How is the treble on the JH16 pro compared to Se846 White filter, which one is brighter? Also which one has more mid bass & sub bass qty. Thanks in advanced folks.

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #89 of 93
Revolutionz -

How do you like the Shadow? What IEM do you pair with it?

I've been looking at this amp for a while and read some really good reviews on it. 

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sep 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #90 of 93
I love the Shadow.  I use it with my SE846's and my In Earz P650 ciem's.  Its battery life is outstanding, it is compact and stacks well with my DX90.  To me the sound that it produces is very detailed and natural.  Was there any specific questions you had about it?  Feel free to PM me so we don't knock this thread off topic.  My go to is my DX90/Shadow paired with my SE846's...I can listen to that combo for hours on end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back