Shure SE846 vs. Campfire Audio Vega vs. Campfire Audio Atlas

Please vote ONLY if you have listened to at least *2* of these. Which IEM sounds better to you?

• Shure SE846

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Campfire Audio Vega

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Campfire Audio Atlas

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters
Sep 24, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #17 of 21
Havent tried the ie800, but do tried the ie800s. Overall, the ie800s is brighter while the atlas is warmer.
The atlas has a bigger body bass and it sounds fuller than ie800s. The ie800s has less bass presence but the impact is faster. The atlas also has a fuller bodied midrange. The ie800s is more neutral. The ie800s extends just as high as the atlas. It has a brighter background than the atlas, while the atlas has a bigger soundstage

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #19 of 21
I'll leave this here, is from my exchange with Campfire Audio :
'"the Polaris-II is more a bass heads IEM than Atlas. Atlas has a good bit of low end but is more balanced overall. As Atlas replaced Vega, they are quite similar. To my ears Atlas is a bit more resolving while Vega has a bit more of the sub bass" ...

Aug 21, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #20 of 21
I’ve had the Vega and now Atlas... when I first got the Vega I found the bass a bit overpowering, wobbly and out of control. Very soon after that, the bass got more punchy, quicker and seemed to lessen. The high-end was always a little fatiguing for my ears.

The first Atlas I tried (although faulty externally) sounded incredible. I was hearing things in tracks I’d never heard before. Although now I think the faulty Atlas must be one that’s been listened to before me.

The new Atlas I received has started out in a similar way to the Vega. Boomy, not very great sounding, and the bass is overpowering. I hope these resolve like the previous faulty Atlas I had. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Aug 21, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #21 of 21
I’ve had the Vega and now Atlas... when I first got the Vega I found the bass a bit overpowering, wobbly and out of control. Very soon after that, the bass got more punchy, quicker and seemed to lessen. The high-end was always a little fatiguing for my ears.

The first Atlas I tried (although faulty externally) sounded incredible. I was hearing things in tracks I’d never heard before. Although now I think the faulty Atlas must be one that’s been listened to before me.

The new Atlas I received has started out in a similar way to the Vega. Boomy, not very great sounding, and the bass is overpowering. I hope these resolve like the previous faulty Atlas I had. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

They do, they keep getting better. I miss mine quite a lot I must admit! A very fun and engaging IEM. I remember hearing improvement up until the 200hr mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back