Shure SE846 vs. Campfire Audio Vega vs. Campfire Audio Atlas

Please vote ONLY if you have listened to at least *2* of these. Which IEM sounds better to you?

• Shure SE846

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Campfire Audio Vega

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Campfire Audio Atlas

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters
Sep 20, 2018 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

deafmutelame

100+ Head-Fier
Earphone-Shure-SE846-3.jpeg

Vega-1611.jpg

Campfire_Atlas_2000x.jpg

These 3, while different in their own particular way, have a similar sound signature, so I think we could benefit from this little survey.

If you have heard at least 2 of them, please explain why you prefer one over the others in the comments.

Shure SE846 - $999 - http://www.shure.com/americas/produ...46-sound-isolating-earphones-state-of-the-art
Campfire Audio Vega - $1099 - https://campfireaudio.com/shop/vega/
Campfire Audio Atlas - $1299 - https://campfireaudio.com/shop/atlas/

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 21
Nice one! I only own the se846 and I´m astonished from it. The Campfire Vega was also on my List but simply got no opportunity to buy one. Since the Vega has a dynamic Driver, Can it be nearly as wide ranged and with crystal-clear Bass as the BAT´s from Shure? I´m curious about it

Sep 21, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 21
Nice one! I only own the se846 and I´m astonished from it. The Campfire Vega was also on my List but simply got no opportunity to buy one. Since the Vega has a dynamic Driver, Can it be nearly as wide ranged and with crystal-clear Bass as the BAT´s from Shure? I´m curious about it

Hi Fondler, thanks for your comment!

It's a pity that where I live (Europe) you cannot demo the Campfire Audio unless you take a plane to the next CanJam in London (October, I think). So, in other words, it would be great if other whom have listened to at least two of them would share their impressions here.

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #5 of 21
Hi. I have listened to all three of them (I tried the se846 long time ago so I do not remember exactly how it is). But, as from what I remember, I will try to compare the three.
First, vega vs se846. The bass is better in the Vega. Well as vega uses a dd, it is tough for the shure to come close to that. The vega is also better in the midrange with a more natural sounding and the vocals are with more emotions. The se846 extends slightly higher than the vega, the vega has more sparkle than se846 and so the shure is less fatiguing

Now let's compare Vega with atlas. (The atlas is basically an upgrade of the vega so yeah...). Start of with the bass part. The bass is even better in the atlas than the vega as it is more controlled and full-bodied. It has a bigger bass than the vega. Now move on to the midrange. As the atlas has a bigger bass, the vega has a more forward midrange. As for the high frequency, the vega sparkles more but the atlas extends higher and has more resolution.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #6 of 21
Well now let's compare atlas with se846. The atlas is definitely better in terms of bass. It has a better quality and quantity than the se846. It is more organic and extends lower.
The se846's midrange is more forward than the atlas. For male focal, atlas has an advantage as it has a better support from the bass part.
The atlas has a better high frequency than the se846. It extends higher, and it is more natural and organic than the se846. It is also smoother and less hurting for me.

Sep 21, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #7 of 21
In terms of fitting and noise isolation, the shure is definitely the winner out of all three. It is one of the best I have ever tried. (I havent tried any custom iem tho). The fitting of Vega is quite good but the isolation is not as good due to the dynamic driver needs more air than the balanced armature to produce sound. The atlas does Not fit well for me. It is too heavy and the design of wearing it down makes it always want to fall off. But that's only my own opinion as one of my friends tried the atlas and has a decent fit

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #8 of 21
Can someone post a pic of what the atlas looks like worn OVER EAR vs hanging down? Hanging down with that much weight won't work for my small ears

I own the 846 and LOVE them, but I keep reading all these amazing atlas reviews so I'm curious. The 846 form factor is perfect for me, but I want to give the atlas a shot. The atlas form factor concerns me, especially at risk of $1400.

Thanks

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #14 of 21
i think atlas is the clear winner out of the two of them. Atlas has a bigger body bass, and also better quality too. It is more controlled. In the mid part, i think the atlas has more emotion compare to andromeda. The high, the atlas surprisingly has a better extension than the andromeda, too. It is less fatiguing
Overall, the atlas has a better resolution and is more enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back