Shure SE535 Vs Phonak PFE 232, ALO Rx Mk 3 + CLAS Vs. Fostex HP-P1...and iBasso DX-100!!!
Apr 30, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #16 of 17
I don't use them at home. Work 9-5 so truthfully too little time. Both on rotation for daily commute. PFE 232 has superior bass reproduction and overall balance, so preferable for things like rock and hip-hop. That is not to say the SE535 is bass-light, I've made the point enough times I don't think that is the case and merely putting it out there other IEM are bass-heavier.

The SE532 is undoubtedly tuned to that unique Shure sound that is hard to describe - it really does need to be heard to decide if you like it - but for female vocals I dare say I would pick it over the PFE 232. Close call though.

Its been six weeks. Still cannot pick between. Fortunate to have disposable income and no responsibilities other than to my landlord. For others with families and mortgages, then push come to shove the Phonak line is probably a safer pick over the tuned Shure sound

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #17 of 17

Quote:
I don't use them at home. Work 9-5 so truthfully too little time. Both on rotation for daily commute. PFE 232 has superior bass reproduction and overall balance, so preferable for things like rock and hip-hop. That is not to say the SE535 is bass-light, I've made the point enough times I don't think that is the case and merely putting it out there other IEM are bass-heavier.

The SE532 is undoubtedly tuned to that unique Shure sound that is hard to describe - it really does need to be heard to decide if you like it - but for female vocals I dare say I would pick it over the PFE 232. Close call though.

Its been six weeks. Still cannot pick between. Fortunate to have disposable income and no responsibilities other than to my landlord. For others with families and mortgages, then push come to shove the Phonak line is probably a safer pick over the tuned Shure sound

Well put!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back