Shure SE535 - tip discussion
Jan 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eriksson

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my new SE535s today and I spent the last hours trying on the different tips.

I think I´ve found my favorites with the yellow foamies. They just feel the least intrusive while still making an excellent seal. I get the feeling that the olives block the nozzle just a little bit when inserted and they just fill up the ear too much while keeping the nozzle further out. But still I get a feeling that most people use the olives?

Would be interesting to hear which tips other users fell for and why. I feel that I might be a little biased towards the foamies since I´ve used them in my UE SuperFi5:s for several years.

I recon that the choice has much to do with personal preference but I´d still be interested in hearing what other users thought.

Also, does anyone have a suggestion where I can get big packs of the yellow foamies? And by the way, the SE535s are awsome
atsmile.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 7
i use comply tips,both the large p series and the large t series i believe it is....works well for me although none of them are perfect and require a fair bit of work and experimentation

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 7
I use the black foamies that came with my er4p's. They fit perfect, and dont look dirty so fast. I have tried every tip you can put on the shures, and I came to the conclusion that these are my best bet. They have a perfect seal. And they are comfortable. To me at least.

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 7
as a se535 owner user i have tried many tips while not happy with sq or comfort. i find use of any type foam tip comply ect. is like putting a blanket on the highs!!!to date i am using my e2c shure tip mod with fantastic results on the 535. i finding bass hits harder highs well extenended and mids remain liquid!!! wanting somebody to try this with se series shure phones and confirm what i am hearing!! i also use tip mod on my se215 also with great results . i think it might be the larger tip opening .the mod is as follows buy some e2c replacement tips off ebay site i found seller 5pr.@$5.99 free shipping i then cut out the stem off from the stock shure flex sleeves leaving just a tiny bit to use as a base then i slip cut end onto 535 nozzle and slip e2c tip over resulting in a tight secure fit so tips wont come off in your ear, the size large e2c works best for me and  any stem from any size stock flex sleeve will work. i am interested in finding out how others hear sq improvement if any. when i get some time will post pics showing setup

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 7
I've owned various pairs of Shure earphones since '04 /'05. Back then, I drove an 18-wheeler in town at night. The motor was loud, but with the triple-flange, I could quiet it down to a very distant hum that didn't effect the musical delights at all. The flanges were larger and harder than they are now. It hurt at first, but it was well worth it. I worked a 10-hour shift and I wore them 9 hours a day.

Every day I soaked the flanges in peroxide after my shift and soon discovered that the soaking soften them up, so I soaked the new ones until they were just right. I got the seal I wanted by first cranking the truck and then establishing my seal based on the dampening of the outer noise. It's great!

The sound-stage with my SGS II (plus SE535) is so wide, it puts my Sennheiser IE8s to shame. The IE8s were better with the iPhone/Clip+/Cowon (manufacturing bass and sound-stage), but now I feel I have a grownup music player. The Shures have retaken their rightful place at the top.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 7
Although I don't have the SE535, only the SE425 (what's the difference in design anyway?), I can't seem to get a proper seal with the olives. Each time I compress them and then insert them in my ear, I don't quite feel a good seal. When I took them off, I saw that the olives was in their original shape, like it had never touched the inner walls of my ears, maybe I did it wrong. The only thing that works great for me are the triple flange (uncut). They are intrusive I admit but the difference in isolation is way better. Only downside though is that they get yellow and are somewhat fragile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back