Shure SE535 Red's fake or genuine?
Sep 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

revahi

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Ebay UK but no packaging Shure Asia tell me there's no way to tell serial number without it, how do I tell if these are genuine? sound is same to my old SE530's.
Can post link to item site if necessary.

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 11
I would question whether those work, but I don't think that they are fake.
I think they get old beat up pairs and give them a new housing.

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 11
I've seen sites selling the SE535 as refurbished for around 160 dollars. They just put cheap BA drivers in the housings and then sell them as refurbished. How much did you pay?

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #6 of 11
  I bought a pair of Ebay UK but no packaging Shure Asia tell me there's no way to tell serial number without it, how do I tell if these are genuine? sound is same to my old SE530's.

ive owned both the 530 and red asia red 535, and imo they in no way sound like eachother. how much did you pay

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 11
If you read it closely, the only thing changed is the housing. So they say iits a genuine Se535 with a red housing. Not the 535ltd. So it should sound closer to your 530 than the ltd would. Do you think the sound is as good as your 530? Just wondering because I'm thinking of buying a pair since I have like $175 on my PP account.

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #9 of 11
hej da! I'm originally from Malmo myself.
if these have been reshelled then it should be possible to remove this housing. If only there was a meeting between headfi enthusiasts to get together to try out different gear in the flesh as they say in England "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" (det praktiska provet i ätandet) it's like trying to buy a whiskey without tasting it sometimes.

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #10 of 11
Hey. Did it say somewhere that I practically live in Malmö? (Lund). Anyway. It would be great to try out stuff, I agree. Anyway, if you want to hear the Se535Ltd you can try the dampers that http://rinchoi.blogspot.se/2013/05/shure-se535.html recommends. The grey knowles dampers. Either you can try using a wax cleaning tool to get them out or you can get a filter changing tool from etymotic. It should work well. That's what I'm going to do if I decide to buy.

Sep 28, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #11 of 11

Hi,
   So the Shure earphones do not have a serial number on the Earphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back