Shure SE530's - What Should I expect
Sep 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #32 of 37
Just saw the other thread with the discount deal in the UK. It was always price that scared me off these.

I have Freq Show custom monitors and Klipsch Image X10 earphones. How do these SE530s compare guys, do you know? I might buy them out of curiosity alone.

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #33 of 37
I use the grey silicone tips. I find that they help accentuate the highs a little more than the olives but they don't isolate as well. The SE530 is a nice phone but the highs are noticeably rolled-off in my opinion. If you're after treble then it's probably not the phone for you.

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #36 of 37
Very true.
When you hit a certain price for universals it really is a matter of taste.
For instance the 530 is shures top universal and very highly regarded but i think they are seriously poor and much prefer the 310 and 420.
I dont know about anyone else but i have noticed in the last few months that iems have become very fanboy orientated,sometimes to ridiculous levels so it really does make sense to go with your heart,and if it isn't the sound you like then it's a case of oh well i'll try again.
So yeah i'm a huge believer in going with what i like the look of as opposed to what someone else thinks.
Been there done that wasted money etc...
Now i'm far happier going with what i like and i can get on with enjoying my music the way i like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back