Shure SE530's - What Should I expect
Mar 5, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #22 of 37
I've tried every tip that came with my 530's. Even had the yellow foamies thrown in for free when I purchased the phones.
My favorite are the yellow foamies by far. Hope that helps.

Mar 8, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpexpress /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GabeJacobs, so how do you like them?

They are amazing. But, I am still do not know if going with the Westone 3's or Triple.fi 10's would have been a better decision.

These Shure SE530's definitely sound great, but I do notice some rolled off highs and I cannot help but wonder if the competition matches up.

Mar 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by GabeJacobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are amazing. But, I am still do not know if going with the Westone 3's or Triple.fi 10's would have been a better decision.

These Shure SE530's definitely sound great, but I do notice some rolled off highs and I cannot help but wonder if the competition matches up.

You tried the yellow foamies?

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by GabeJacobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its not like I'm an expert, but I would advise you to get to know the 530s with the olives. Turn on your music, sit back, and groove. Everyone likes the 530s. Don't worry. Be happy.

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not like I'm an expert, [size=small]but I would advise you to get to know the 530s with the olives.[/size] Turn on your music, sit back, and groove. Everyone likes the 530s. Don't worry. Be happy.

Nooo, stop the madness!!!The Shure olives ruin the sound of the SE530's. Please go and buy the yellow foamies..Also click the link in my sig and read away...

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #29 of 37
I could never go back to the olives now, personally, unless I wanted just pure comfort, where olives would win out. But yellow foams sound better by a mile to most people. They still seal very well also. My only gripe with them is that it makes the ears VERY itchy after a while, but I'll take that as a trade off for sound.

I've A/B'ed both W3's and 530's very recently and with the foams, it's not really worth the sidegrade. There are of course some things that W3 do better like the highs (which no matter what tips you use or how much you boost the high ranges, will never have the same natural sparkle as W3) and soundstaging, but other than that, it's pretty much similar, and the W3 owner I tested from also attested to this as well (so not being biased to 530's or anything
wink.gif
)

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nooo, stop the madness!!!The Shure olives ruin the sound of the SE530's. Please go and buy the yellow foamies..Also click the link in my sig and read away...

What I'm trying to say is make the 530s an enjoyable experience. Telling someone your tips are better is like saying chocolate pudding is better than jello. Tips are very personal on fit, depth, seal, comfort, and I think the same tip can sound very different to different people.
The fellow I was responding to was worried that he should have bought some other earphone. I say relax and enjoy whatever you have stuck in your ears.
I have the 530, the ER4p, the triple.fi. and the ie8 and between them a million tips and I enjoy each one and could use any one of them exclusively and be happy. By the time you get to the quality phones they all sound good. Different, but all good.
Chocolate pudding IS better than jello, by the way.
Sandy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back