Shure SE530...STILL A GREAT IEM !!
Jan 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #46 of 62
taken a hit? It seems these bad boys are in a bit of resurgence age considered. I love mine.

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SE530 is the best they make and there is really nothing to improve upon...even today.

Shure about that, to me the best was the Shure420, the Shure530 I sent back after listening. Highs were not there as they should be for me. Mids were nice and vibrant; lows bass wise was too much. The 420 which a friend owns sound like a better balance. More detailed in the highs, lows sounded precise, mids sounded like the 530 nice and upfront. Mid-focused still but overall a better phone then the 530’s to my ears.

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #50 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confispect /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure about that, to me the best was the Shure420, the Shure530 I sent back after listening. Highs were not there as they should be for me. Mids were nice and vibrant; lows bass wise was too much. The 420 which a friend owns sound like a better balance. More detailed in the highs, lows sounded precise, mids sounded like the 530 nice and upfront. Mid-focused still but overall a better phone then the 530’s to my ears.

Odd you would mention that. In about a dozen IEM's I have purchased over the years SE420 ranks as THE biggest dissapointmoint perhaps among all purchases I have made for the money. I kept them 2 days and couldn't stand them. This was after owning SE530 (my first time). For a dual driver I was in shock at how "off" everything sounded and thought the old E4 (which I loved) was MUCH better and more accurate IEM. Very small dynamic range and a very nasally, harsh presentation. I almost thought I got a bad pair I was so disappointed. UM2's (another dual driver) destroy the SE420 IMHO.

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #51 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost thought I got a bad pair

Maybe
icon10.gif

To me, se420 sounded only less full and a little bit less detailed than 530, but also with more sparkle in the hight frequencies.

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #55 of 62
Quote:

The only reason the SE530 is not absolutely perfect, is the absence of memory wire right around the ear bit.

That's how I feel too. The other IEM's are nice but there's a reason why they are still around despite the other shiny new "toys" and why people still keep them.

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #57 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For every K701 fan there is a SE420 fan.

Never owned K701, but k240 (whic i own) is very good to my ears.
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #58 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by John E Woven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only reason the SE530 is not absolutely perfect, is the absence of memory wire right around the ear bit.

You can try the phonaks silicon ear guide, they fit to se530.

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #60 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SE530 + Ipod Classic with treble booster...WOW. With EQying the highs get much better.

To me the iPod eq setting "more treble" give a good amount of treble but also give some spoiling sibilance. For non-vocal music no problem I assume, but ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back