Shure SE530 or Triple.fi 10 pro?
Sep 18, 2007 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

ren0nie0

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently use a pa2v2 with a lineout cable from my ipod 80gb classic. i listen to mostly rock/hip hop/ folk/ classic . i'd like to know which iem's would be best... these would replace the ATH-CK7's which were accidentally smashed. thanks.

Sep 18, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 64
for the hip hop and folk get the se530, for the classical get the er4p, for rock get the triple fi, as you can see thats 2-1 to shures but if you like warm sound go with shures if you like a lighter sound go triple fi. the shures have a fit and comfort and looks advantage also but thats subjective

Sep 18, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 64
Very quickly put:

Bass: E500 = TF10
Mids: TF < e500
Highs: e500 > TF
Soundstage: TF > e500 (probably)
Comfort: e500 > TF

That is how I would put it, I'm sure some people disagree with this in some way, so take it for what it's worth.
I have never heard the E500 by the way as they cost too much where I live, but I owned the TF for awhile, and my impressions / comparison are just from reading the forum (always a good reason to base your purchases on
rolleyes.gif
).

Sep 18, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very quickly put:

That is how I would put it, I'm sure some people disagree with this in some way, so take it for what it's worth.
I have never heard the E500 by the way as they cost too much where I live, but I owned the TF for awhile, and my impressions / comparison are just from reading the forum (always a good reason to base your purchases on
rolleyes.gif
).

if you havnt heard the e500 i understand your inaccurate claim, the shures have better bass and mids than the triple fi, the triple fi have less rolled highs, soundstage also goes to shures, most would agree

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ren0nie0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would also be open to any other suggestions in that price range. I read the shures have a roll of in the upper frequencies which doesnt sound desirable.

From what I understand, the Shure SE420s are supposed to be more accurate, meaning that they don't roll the highs like the SE530s. I know that the rolled highs is a "signature" Shure sound, but I think the SE420s would be less.

Sep 19, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very quickly put:

rolleyes.gif
).

If you've been reading the forums you would know half the things in there are "agreed" to be the opposite of what you just posted

My experience is generally the same with the forum, so I'll re-write it:

Bass: SE530 > Triple.fi
Mids: SE530 (Shure signature) > Triple.fi
Highs: Triple.fi >> SE530
Soundstage: SE530 analytical with better separation, Triple.fi taller with better texture/harmony
Comfort: SE530 > Triple.fi

Sep 19, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #12 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you've been reading the forums you would know half the things in there are "agreed" to be the opposite of what you just posted

Soundstage: SE530 analytical with better separation, Triple.fi taller with better texture/harmony

I fully agree with your analysis. Comfort was great for the SE530

Sep 19, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #13 of 64
I personally think the Shure is better for rock/contemporary music because it has that added beat and generally good soundstage, while the Triple.fi's are great with orchestral music. It does a great job of highlighting the concertante in the curtain of orchestra texture. I sometimes feel if the Shures do too good of a job separating the symphony/orchestra, making it less "attached". Would've been great for chamber music if the highs were attenuated more.

Sep 19, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #14 of 64
Quote:

My list is similar to yours actually, I just typed it up too fast and wasn't paying attention, I meant "Highs: Triple Fi > e500".
As for the bass, one may be slightly better than the other, but since I haven't heard the other I won't comment about it, just that I don't see people saying that the bass is much better on one of them often, just presented differently.

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

bingo! x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back