Shure SE530 or Triple.fi 10 pro?
Oct 4, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ren0nie0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no no no.... i'm not disappointed. the bass is fine. there just seems to be less of it then the cx3000's. i was more looking for advice on whether an amp is needed and if so which would work well with the se530's? i m currently using them with th PA2V2.
basshead.gif

lol
biggrin.gif
cool, your unhappy smiley at the post heading lead me the wrong way, i could not advise amps ill leave that to more experienced guys

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #62 of 64
hello
can anyone answer my question please:
i'm in iran and cant use the warranty services if the cable of earphone break.
is the cable of se530 detachable like the triple.fi 10 pro?
can i order a cable and change it myself if it break?
i think the sound quality of both earphone's are the same but for different genres of music they do different jobs.and i want to buy the triple.fi 10 but some people say se530 is more comfortable and sounds outstanding so i will buy se530 if the cable be detachable
please some one help me on this.

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #64 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by honda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't intend for this to be an attack or to sound harsh, so I apologize it it does, but with that said...

You can ask and read all you want, but I have identical IEMs to prove that armature drivers change during burn in. I burn one in while leaving the other as it arrives from the factory, and then comparing the sound. Some of them are even from the same lot. I have done this time and time again, with ER-4P, ER-6i, E4, 2XS, UM2, Super.fi 5pro, SE530 (3 pairs for this one), Triple.fi. I even use the same cable for comparison when possible (as in UEs, and the same extension cable for the SE530s). They all change drastically in the first 2 or so hours, and then gradually the change becomes more subtle.

I've even discussed this topic over dinner with 2 presidents of IEM manufacturers whom I will not name, about the reality of burn-in and the feasibility of burning-in IEMs before delivery.

The diaphrams of armature drivers are made of steel. Steel fatigues. They lose their springiness over time and repeated flexing. And it has a threshold of how much it can bend before it stays bent and not spring back to original shape. This threshold changes as steel fatigues and ages and oxidizes. So even if you do not have the opportunity to compare 2 identical IEMs back to back, it is only logical to assume that sound resulting from the vibration of steel will also change.

I have posted here on head-fi that I had to burn-in my ER6i (harsh upper mids) and my Super.fi 5 pro (muddy fuzzy bass and mids) because I hated them when I first tried them. After 8-12 hours on them they were much better, and I didn't hear much change after 72-144 hours. People argued with me that I musta heard wrong.

My E500 and Livewires sounded good new out of the box, but I assume my SE310 were burned-in dealer demos, while I know my E4c were display demos. So, I suspect some benefit more than others from burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back