**Shure SE425 Review**
Jul 10, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #76 of 84
After a few years of ownership, my German review of the SE425, as always with an automated Google Translator option, went online today (written and formatted some time ago; automatically published this afternoon at 4:25 pm CET): http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/07/shure-se425-review.html

DSC03952-small.JPG

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #80 of 84
Hmm but I'm worried as to whether the sweat could potentially ruin the earphones
In an interview, Shure said about the 846 that we should'nt worry about heat and sweet, as they are made to be use on stage, wich are hor and sweety.
Still, i run with my 215, wich would be less expensive if they broke. I use them for one or two years, and no problem yet.

Feb 14, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #81 of 84
Just bought a pair of 425's for my friend...

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #82 of 84
Just picked up a set of the SE425 on the "bay" and liking them. Listening to Pay Metheny / Road to the Sun. Clarity is excellent. Bass is present and nicely controlled. Perfect presentation of acoustic guitar.

Apr 30, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #83 of 84
Just picked up a set of the SE425 on the "bay" and liking them. Listening to Pay Metheny / Road to the Sun. Clarity is excellent. Bass is present and nicely controlled. Perfect presentation of acoustic guitar.

As someone who prefers neutrally tuned in-ears for "serious" music listening and also owns the SE425 (in fact they were kind of my starting point to neutral sounding in-ears one decay ago, and while I still like them, there are now better (BA-only single- and multi-driver) alternatives available around the same price, especially when it comes to treble extension that is undeniably quite poor on the SE425 due to their early and steep roll-off), I'd recommend you to also try the Etymotic ER2SE (if you can get used to the deep fit that is definitely mandatory for a correct sound reproduction on them, although they are somewhat less critical in this regard than the single-BA Etymotic in-ears), especially as they're available for only 49$ on Adorama with the e-mail price link trick that was already shared sometimes in the Etymotic ER-4S thread (https://www.adorama.com/etyer2se.html?sdtid=14643662&emailprice=t).

Apr 16, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #84 of 84
Has anybody tried running with this paired with a bluetooth cable?
I run my Shure SE425's with the Shure BT2 Adapter. Huge power and great sound with all of the latest BT formats. The BT2 also works with other IEM's with a MMCX connector. The more effecient the IEM, the better they sound. My Campfire Audio Mammoth's sound great, while the FIIO FH5s are a little more difficult to drive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back