Shure SE215s just died after 5 years... replacement?
Oct 6, 2017 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chronic88

New Head-Fier
Hey, the left earbud on my se215s just crapped out after a pretty good run. I'm considering just ordering a replacement bud, but with shipping it will cost more than half the price of a new set.

I'd probably gladly buy some 215s again, but I've been out of the market for a long time and I'm curious if you guys have any recommendations for something different in the price range.

I don't know, they always felt a little dead, but not enough to justify hunting down something else. Is there a slightly livlier IEM that I should be looking at?

I mostly use them for listening to music on my phone (wide range of styles) and also for recording vocals and guitar and mixing electronic music.

Build quality is important to me.

** I'd also consider upping my budget by about double (max) for something significantly better...

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 2
1More Triple driver is a very good one but I have not heard the 215's so can't say what the difference would be for sure but from what I've read it should more lively. For a bit more the Echobox Finder X1 is also on the lively side and has three tuning nozzles to adjust the sound. Neither have replaceable cables and the 1More is worn down and the X1 can be either way. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back