shure se215ltd - discontinued?
Jun 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #16 of 35
I e-mailed Shure the other day to ask about this and got an e-mail back today.
"Thank you for your interest in Shure products!
The SE215LTD were a limited edition product and their production have been discontinued. Availability is subject to retailer's stock."

I'm a little weary of ordering these from a non authorized dealer in Japan because of the whole warranty issue.  Now I'm debating whether or not to just look for a different set of headphones all together.  If it is like Flavio said and one of their best sellers.  It really doesn't make that much sense for them to quit making them. But oh well I guess I will take my money elsewhere.

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:
Strictly from a business standpoint, I wonder what the purpose was in Shure doing this.

It all originated from Japan. Japanese has a long history of wanting 'limited edition' on their headphone (just see how many of these Japanese limited edition headphones are from AT, Sony and JVC, then you'll know). The SE535LTD is first released in Japan (as exclusive to Asia), so is the SE215LTD (also know as SE215SE in Japan, or SE215SPE in China). It would seem Shure is valuing their Japanese market much more than other places. Even the SE846 is first announced in Japan.

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

It all originated from Japan. Japanese has a long history of wanting 'limited edition' on their headphone (just see how many of these Japanese limited edition headphones are from AT, Sony and JVC, then you'll know). The SE535LTD is first released in Japan (as exclusive to Asia), so is the SE215LTD (also know as SE215SE in Japan, or SE215SPE in China). It would seem Shure is valuing their Japanese market much more than other places. Even the SE846 is first announced in Japan.

Wow.   I had no idea.    First reason that came to my mind was that Shure was kind of doing a "focus group" with the 215LTD to test how an IEM with this particular sound sig would sell.   I had no idea of the "limited edition" appeal in the Japanese market.   Must be the allure of exclusivity, eh?

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:
The Blue Limited Edition was a... "Limited Edition" run :)

I am trying to see if Shure would put out another batch out for us as this was our best seller for the time it was available. They said they would check. But as of now, the product is no longer available.

If we get them we will send an email to all subscribers.

Any word from Shure? 

Would be interested in picking a pair of these up. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #21 of 35
Interesting since the blue plastic SE215LTD shows as a new product on the Shure website - Is this different than the one being discussed?

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #23 of 35
Does someone bought these headphones from Accessoryjack ? I read all the reviews on http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AccessoryJack but I have difficulties to trust people with such random pseudos like quendiljt or tungyyyy and those who act like infiltrators and who used capital because Accessoryjack is so RIDICULOUSLY cheap, it's the best, it's so WONDERFUL, etc.
Moroever, those reviews were usually posted just after the reception so there is no real long period debriefing.

Are they just resellers or could they messed up with the quality to lower the price with their chinese happy factories ?

Not to mention eglobaldigitalcameras and their cheap prices. Is it possible to not sell fake with such low prices ?

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #24 of 35
Wow I never knew it was called limited edition because it was really limited! Always thought it was just a marketing gimmick to earn more money.
I actually bought a pair a month/or 2 back, and didn't think it was that special. Bought it just for gym/jogging purposes!
If anyone is still interested, you can try Jaben stores. Some of them do online orders and if requesed they might ship overseas..

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #26 of 35
Yeah, in Australia.
I asked them if they can send worldwide but "Shure’s international distribution laws and policies prevents us from shipping the unit to mainland Europe". Too bad because they are authorised resellers, not HK when anybody know that HK=counterfeit. One point for Accessoryjack is that this official have the same price range.

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #27 of 35
Accessoryjack is great. I've ordered from them many times with no issues :)

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #29 of 35
Did any of you end up buying these from Australia or HK?

There are a couple from HK on ebay.com

I'm either ordering from ebay or accessoryjack.

Nov 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #30 of 35

Wow.   I had no idea.    First reason that came to my mind was that Shure was kind of doing a "focus group" with the 215LTD to test how an IEM with this particular sound sig would sell.   I had no idea of the "limited edition" appeal in the Japanese market.   Must be the allure of exclusivity, eh?

Japanese customers are incredibly susceptible to the alluded exclusivity of a LTD label, to the point that "Limited" was the name of several best-selling car trim levels over the years. Doesn't that make them not exclusive at all? So, whether that means they've got good taste - or they're just gluttons for punishment who like to line up around the block for ramen, really requires its own 155-page thread. :)

I too had no idea that Shure really meant LTD when they said LTD . My local shopping website has shown 215LTD for ages at a regular price, I wonder if I should get a pair... I'm currently rocking a pair of SE210s that show no sign of aging. Not sure if I need to pull the trigger now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back