Shure se215 vs Sony XBA-3 vs Philips SHE9850
May 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:
hi i have definitely decided not to get the sony xba 3 due to the asymmetrical cable shape, the left chord is shorter than the right one. I hate this designs type. thank god i checked some reviews since i had nearly got em... i'm probably looking at the shure se215 or logitech UE 600. 
http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=400483324109&Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-600-Noise-Isolating-Earphones-Dark-Silver

the shure's are available cheap from abroad. i asked the seller and he said that he has sold few to indian's without any issues. i think its worth  try. im considering either the shure's or UE 600 perhaps in the next coming week.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sure-SE215-Clear-Headset-Earphones-Professional-stage-artists-monitor-Headphones-/181071526176?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a28b43920

Even I've decided against XBA-3...too many design aspects is the reason...I am sure its gonna stick out of my ears and will hurt me with the helmets n while on bed...and I too hate the asymmetric cables...

I did not want to get it from outside of India due to the warranty issues...I got my while I was in US and it let me down in 2 months and now Im really struggling to get it replaced...the Indian dealer will not replace it at ANY cost...I have to send it to Klipsch US now and they will send replacement to an US address (mayb my frnd's)...I will have to get it from him...dont want to get into all this tangles this time also...will get it from India this time...even if it means a couple of thousand bucks more...

May 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Even I've decided against XBA-3...too many design aspects is the reason...I am sure its gonna stick out of my ears and will hurt me with the helmets n while on bed...and I too hate the asymmetric cables...

I did not want to get it from outside of India due to the warranty issues...I got my while I was in US and it let me down in 2 months and now Im really struggling to get it replaced...the Indian dealer will not replace it at ANY cost...I have to send it to Klipsch US now and they will send replacement to an US address (mayb my frnd's)...I will have to get it from him...dont want to get into all this tangles this time also...will get it from India this time...even if it means a couple of thousand bucks more...

you could check out the ultimate ears U600 as well.. he se215's are sold quite expensive here in India... the cheapest one is for 8k... very confused here myself lol...

May 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:
you could check out the ultimate ears U600 as well.. he se215's are sold quite expensive here in India... the cheapest one is for 8k... very confused here myself lol...

Seriously speaking I spent a whole week reading about Shure SE215 and finalizing on that...Now I should read about UE U600 also in case I need to think about them :frowning2:

I might end up spending around 9k on the Special Editions...some how fell in love with them :p

By the way...where did u find the UE U600 for sale?? Didnt find in any of the websites I checked :frowning2:

May 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Actually checked the Logitech official website and found tht U600 sells at 7k there...and its a single BA...didnt find much reviews on these either...

I might still go for the Shure SE215 even though its a bit more pricey :)

May 31, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Actually checked the Logitech official website and found tht U600 sells at 7k there...and its a single BA...didnt find much reviews on these either...

I might still go for the Shure SE215 even though its a bit more pricey :)

here is the link for the u600
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-UE-600-Noise-Isolating-Earphone-/261216849828?pt=IN_Head_Phones_Head_Sets&hash=item3cd1bccfa4&_uhb=1#ht_2667wt_906

he is an authorized dealer and offers 2 yrs warranty. but of you are getting the shure, make sure you ask the dealer's warranty... as for me i have decided to get the sony mdr xb90ex... since i listen to trance and dubstep they earphones 16mm drivers will suffice my needs... though i will get the ue600 as well after a couple of months....

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:
here is the link for the u600
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-UE-600-Noise-Isolating-Earphone-/261216849828?pt=IN_Head_Phones_Head_Sets&hash=item3cd1bccfa4&_uhb=1#ht_2667wt_906

he is an authorized dealer and offers 2 yrs warranty. but of you are getting the shure, make sure you ask the dealer's warranty... as for me i have decided to get the sony mdr xb90ex... since i listen to trance and dubstep they earphones 16mm drivers will suffice my needs... though i will get the ue600 as well after a couple of months....

Thanks for your concern mate!!! I did talk to the Shure India dealers and they said they approved the re-seller Im planning to buy from...so I think Im good...Not going for UE600 now...will probably upgrade to UE TF10 after a while 
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #22 of 31
Hello Guys,

I hope you ve ordered the Shure Se215's and are happy with it. I, too am from India and am looking at buying th se215s. Bajaao.com is offering it for rs.7700, whats your take on it.?good enough?

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:
Hello Guys,

I hope you ve ordered the Shure Se215's and are happy with it. I, too am from India and am looking at buying th se215s. Bajaao.com is offering it for rs.7700, whats your take on it.?good enough?

I got mine last week and Im really happy with it...excellent sound quality, comfort (depends on the individual) and sound isolation...Treble can be slightly better...Bass and vocals are very good...very enjoyable earphones overall!!!

I too checked Bajaao.com and I think Snapdeal.com is selling at a slightly lesser price (they have an additional 10% off from the quoted 8100)...Both are authorized re-sellers based on the information from the official Shure dealers in India...However I decided to pay a little extra and get the Special Edition mainly coz of the smaller cable length of it...I had also read of the frequent cable issues in the initial set of normal ones...so I decided not to risk it and went for the SPEs...

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

I got mine last week and Im really happy with it...excellent sound quality, comfort (depends on the individual) and sound isolation...Treble can be slightly better...Bass and vocals are very good...very enjoyable earphones overall!!!

I too checked Bajaao.com and I think Snapdeal.com is selling at a slightly lesser price (they have an additional 10% off from the quoted 8100)...Both are authorized re-sellers based on the information from the official Shure dealers in India...However I decided to pay a little extra and get the Special Edition mainly coz of the smaller cable length of it...I had also read of the frequent cable issues in the initial set of normal ones...so I decided not to risk it and went for the SPEs...

Where did you get the special edition from?

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #26 of 31
I got it from bharat music house. It is 2k costlier that the normal one from Bajaao.com. So it is up to you to decide if its really worth to shell out another 2k for it...I didnt want to take a risk and I spent extra :)
Well even im in love with the blues, but its outta stock at Bharat's. any idea where else i can get it? Really need them soon.

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #28 of 31
Its in stock in Bajaao.com which is also an authorized re-seller. However it costs 10.5k there...I got it from Bharat music house at arnd 9.5k :)
well, are they worth the buy, this will be my biggest investment in IEM so far, so before i go for it, i really wanna know. And hope they last long, coz i have a bad history with earphones. None have lasted for more than a year, thats why im opting for these as the cables are replaceable and they are the thickest you could find. At first i was looking around if someone was selling theirs, like the used ones, but i dont know, might go for the new.

Anyways, lemme know how are they working out for you.

Cheers!

Bhushan. :)

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #29 of 31
well, are they worth the buy, this will be my biggest investment in IEM so far, so before i go for it, i really wanna know. And hope they last long, coz i have a bad history with earphones. None have lasted for more than a year, thats why im opting for these as the cables are replaceable and they are the thickest you could find. At first i was looking around if someone was selling theirs, like the used ones, but i dont know, might go for the new.

Anyways, lemme know how are they working out for you.

Cheers!

Bhushan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well Bhushan...this was my biggest investment in IEMs too...I do not entirely know if it is 'worth' the money...but I can clearly tell tht I am loving the IEM and do not regret spending the money :)

Im very happy with the build quality and have not faced any issues till date (touch wood)...and anyways it has 1 yr warranty (only 1 in Asia :frowning2: but it has 2 yrs in US)...also the cable is replaceable...

With headphones...I usually wont buy a second hand...new is always better :)

This is clearly a very enjoyable IEM...and no one would regret buying it...However the decision here is entirely yours...if you want to spend this much money on it...

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #30 of 31
Well Bhushan...this was my biggest investment in IEMs too...I do not entirely know if it is 'worth' the money...but I can clearly tell tht I am loving the IEM and do not regret spending the money :)

Im very happy with the build quality and have not faced any issues till date (touch wood)...and anyways it has 1 yr warranty (only 1 in Asia :frowning2: but it has 2 yrs in US)...also the cable is replaceable...

With headphones...I usually wont buy a second hand...new is always better :)

This is clearly a very enjoyable IEM...and no one would regret buying it...However the decision here is entirely yours...if you want to spend this much money on it...
Thanks Buddy, after a long search i have zero'ed on this one. Well, i think ill go for it.

Thanks again, Cheers!!..

Bhushan. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back