Shure SE215 vs RHA MA750i
Aug 14, 2014 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

N3wKids

Head-Fier
I'm really not sure which one I should get.
MA750i has amazing reviews and comes with a 3 year warranty, in-line control etc.
SE215 are cheaper, look pretty unique (clear version)

Which one should I buy?

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 21
  I'm really not sure which one I should get.
MA750i has amazing reviews and comes with a 3 year warranty, in-line control etc.
SE215 are cheaper, look pretty unique (clear version)

Which one should I buy?

Hello!

We wanted to stop by and let you know that if you need any information about the MA750i - we're around and feel free to ask away. I'm sure some of the regulars will be able to give you some good comparisons of the two products, but if you need anything from us, we've subbed, so just give us a shout.

Thanks for considering the MA750i!

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 21
If you like really bassy IEMs then se215

MA750i would probably be better overall in terms of SQ.

You should ask them what their 3 year warranty covers though. Some companies only repair/replace if the drivers die, and I still have earphones from like 10+ years ago so that's not very helpful most of the time. And other companies cover wear and tear which is very useful especially since some IEMs aren't that durable.
From my experience, the se215 is very durable and they have a good warranty. I don't have experience with RHA, but they responded to your thread so that counts for something.

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 21
  Hello!

We wanted to stop by and let you know that if you need any information about the MA750i - we're around and feel free to ask away. I'm sure some of the regulars will be able to give you some good comparisons of the two products, but if you need anything from us, we've subbed, so just give us a shout.

Thanks for considering the MA750i!

Hey RHA Team!
It's super cool that you guys are on the forums and actually posted :D
I bought the RHA MA750i and they sound great! The only issue that I have is that I can't find any ear cushions/tips that fit my ears. I've tried all of them and none of them give that seal fit. During workouts, I can feel sweat going into my ears at time...
Any solution to this?

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 21
If you like really bassy IEMs then se215

MA750i would probably be better overall in terms of SQ.

You should ask them what their 3 year warranty covers though. Some companies only repair/replace if the drivers die, and I still have earphones from like 10+ years ago so that's not very helpful most of the time. And other companies cover wear and tear which is very useful especially since some IEMs aren't that durable.
From my experience, the se215 is very durable and they have a good warranty. I don't have experience with RHA, but they responded to your thread so that counts for something.

The MA750i aren't fitting very well, but I'll see I can get used to it within the next 3 weeks. If not, I think I'll give the SE215 a try and also the UE600vi.

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 21
The MA750i aren't fitting very well, but I'll see I can get used to it within the next 3 weeks. If not, I think I'll give the SE215 a try and also the UE600vi.

Which tips are you using? Too tight, too lose? Try comply tips? Are you wearing it properly?

If the tips are the only problem then you're probably better off just buying new tips

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #7 of 21
Fit was atrocious for me for the first few days (insertion was not as deep as my old IEM's, so the tips, no matter how big, were always small to me). Then they suddenly became good. Give them a try for a few more days, and play around with the tips. The foam ones go quite deep, so you can give those a try (but be warned, the first few days for them would make your ears bleed until they soften up).

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #8 of 21
  Fit was atrocious for me for the first few days (insertion was not as deep as my old IEM's, so the tips, no matter how big, were always small to me). Then they suddenly became good. Give them a try for a few more days, and play around with the tips. The foam ones go quite deep, so you can give those a try (but be warned, the first few days for them would make your ears bleed until they soften up).

I was thinking this too. My Jlab Epic (not bad, but not great QC) weren't comfortable for the first few days, and then they got really comfortable in time. I'm going to give them some more time, mix and match etc.
Which tips are you using? Too tight, too lose? Try comply tips? Are you wearing it properly?

If the tips are the only problem then you're probably better off just buying new tips

I've tried all the tips, and I'm sure I'm wearing them the proper way lol. If they don't get better, then I'll buy some new tips, but if that doesn't solve it, I'll try other earphones :)

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 21
I was thinking this too. My Jlab Epic (not bad, but not great QC) weren't comfortable for the first few days, and then they got really comfortable in time. I'm going to give them some more time, mix and match etc.
I've tried all the tips, and I'm sure I'm wearing them the proper way lol. If they don't get better, then I'll buy some new tips, but if that doesn't solve it, I'll try other earphones :)

What I was trying to say was even if you do get new IEMs all you really would be doing is switching tips since the design is similar. If you're happy with the sound from the RHA750 then you should try comply tips or something different. The choices from the RHA750 is kind of limited(shure has more sizes/variety). I prefer foam over silicone

http://www.complyfoam.com/
If you are interested then make sure you buy the right one for your IEMs/ears

And if you do decide to switch to SE215 and still have fit problems then you can try these : http://www.amazon.com/Westone-TRUE-FIT-STAR-Combo-Audiophile/dp/B00DD2BZRY/
I prefer those over the stock shure sleeves.

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #10 of 21
What I was trying to say was even if you do get new IEMs all you really would be doing is switching tips since the design is similar. If you're happy with the sound from the RHA750 then you should try comply tips or something different. The choices from the RHA750 is kind of limited(shure has more sizes/variety). I prefer foam over silicone

http://www.complyfoam.com/
If you are interested then make sure you buy the right one for your IEMs/ears

Thanks for the site link :) 
I'll buy a pair of them sooner or later and see how I like them. +1
(Do they ship to Canada?)

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #11 of 21
The RHA MA750 are a lot better. Better clarity, faster, tighter bass etc. 

Here is my review. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-ma750i-noise-isolating-premium-in-ear-headphone/reviews/9962

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #12 of 21
  The RHA MA750 are a lot better. Better clarity, faster, tighter bass etc. 

Here is my review. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-ma750i-noise-isolating-premium-in-ear-headphone/reviews/9962

Wow, that's quite a lot of detail in that review :D
I didn't even understand the parts with frequency and what not... (not an audiophile). 

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #13 of 21
The bass are the lower frequencies, drums and stuff. The midrange are some instruments and vocals. The treble are cymbals and higher pitched sounds. 

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #14 of 21
Good morning!

Lots of updated in this thread over the weekend, sorry we've not kept up.

As others have said, definitely stick with them for a while and juggle tips, hopefully it might be the case that they need a little getting used to.

If not, third party tips are an option and if you're still struggling, there is a final, more drastic option: resetting the heat treated hook. It's not a process we generally recommend, but we've had reports that people have done it successfully in the past to get a better fit. The process involves using a hairdryer on low heat to gently warm the ear hooks and hold in the desired shape until the cable cools and resets into the desired shape. Be careful with how much heat you apply - if it’s too hot for your hand, it’s too hot for the cable!  

Thanks again everyone!

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #15 of 21
  Good morning!

Lots of updated in this thread over the weekend, sorry we've not kept up.

As others have said, definitely stick with them for a while and juggle tips, hopefully it might be the case that they need a little getting used to.

If not, third party tips are an option and if you're still struggling, there is a final, more drastic option: resetting the heat treated hook. It's not a process we generally recommend, but we've had reports that people have done it successfully in the past to get a better fit. The process involves using a hairdryer on low heat to gently warm the ear hooks and hold in the desired shape until the cable cools and resets into the desired shape. Be careful with how much heat you apply - if it’s too hot for your hand, it’s too hot for the cable!  

Thanks again everyone!

Oh cool, I didn't think about reshaping the tips... I'll give it a try if the fit doesn't get better. Thanks guys :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back