Shure SE215 vs RHA MA750i
Mar 26, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #21 of 21
I have the RHA MA750i for a few months now , I bought them at a much cheaper price off eBay, as such I don't imagine I could use it's warranty.
I only decided to buy them because of the durability and sound quality. I came from a pair of Sony EX650AP's which were extremely good for the price if a little bassy, but then the cable became faulty and I decided it was time for an upgrade.

When they arrived I was very impressed with the construction. A steel housing with strong ear hooks and the rubber wire is very thick. I love the spring they have on the connector jack. The wire can be a bit stubborn and seems to have been 'bent' by the way it was wrapped in the packaging. 

The included clothing clip helps compensate for the weight of the wire, however, the clip is not very well designed to fit the cables and after forcing them both in (Clip them above the splitter as it can't fit around the thicker section) I find that one of the wires eventually let's loose. I ended up losing the clip after it fell off somewhere while they were hanging down and I bought generic clips off eBay.

The remote works fine (Volume controls non-functional on Android, mic and center button work fine), however after a while the little 'nobble' on the center button ripped off, probably because I use my fingernail to press it. Button still works fine but RHA might want to look into it.

The sound.
It's a massive step up in audio quality from my EX650AP'S. Everything sounds much cleaner, much more 'real'.
I can definitely vouch for the 'High-Res' tag. The highs are clean and not harsh, the mids are crystal clear.
The bass is somewhat lacking in my opinion but I came from a very bass heavy Sony IEM so maybe it's just me.
Although for some reason I do find myself turning DOWN the bass occasionally, I think it's something to so with the kind of bass present, for example older songs such as Michael Jackson and Boney M have great bass powerful but modern head banging bass in EDM is tamed.
Sometimes the vocals, while excellent, could sound too distant and I found myself boosting the 500-2K range in the EQ to bring them forward a little.

These sound amazing with snare drums and guitars especially well represented. The 'thwack' of the drums can be heard very clearly.
The soundstage is pretty spacious and impressive at this price.
Instrument separation is clear, even in badly compressed files.
These would be best suited for Orchestral and acoustic sounds but can handle pretty much anything you throw at it.

The included carry case is pretty much useless unless you want to carry the tips. It's too thin to be able to stuff the thick moderately stiff cables into without fear of damaging them. I ended up buying a cheap hard camera case off, you guessed it, eBay..

Overall I'm very very happy with them and I can't stop listening to them!

I should warn you though, the first few days and even weeks will be rough. The highs will be sharp and terrible the bass is non existent. But afterwards they really open up. Burn in is essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back