Shure SE215 v. Shure SE315
May 10, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #16 of 23
Interesting about the SE215. I don't notice a one note sound to cymbals at all, I find them have pretty nice shimmer and extension. Not as good as my SM3 (nor should it be considering the difference of the price between the two IEM's) but much better than alot of $100ish IEM's I have owned.

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #17 of 23
Hi,

Sorry to upping this old thread, but I think this is a good comparison between good quality dynamic driver vs entry level BA.

I audition both of them last month. I listened the 215 with silicon tips for like 15 minutes or so with jazz, vocals, accoustic, classics, pop, rock and they're really good. tight controlled bass with good impact, clear mid, crisp high.

then I listened 315 with silicon tips. It's warmer than the 215 but what I think is it's a very mid centric. All I can hear is mid, it's like vocal is in front and the rest of the band is in background. I tried for 5 minutes only as without doubt I much prefer 215.

here's frequency response graph comparison
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/shure_se535_graph_comparison.jpg

As you can see the 315 have spike in mids and fastly drop for the highs.

If you see the 215 in comparison you might think it's very bass, but actually it's not. Bass is very tightly controlled.  I think that if the bass is reduced a bit will make this awesome!

I tried westone4 before and it's awsome! but it's different league :D 

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #19 of 23
Adding to the people that have only heard one of the two I am willing to share some info on the 315s.
I actually ended up with the 315s after planning to get the 215s. Then my UEs got temporarily put out of comission and I needed IEMs. Problem was the 215s were sold out everywhere and I went for the 315s.

It could have been worse and i am really starting to like them, only issue with them, as many state, is the subtle lack in lows. A temporary fix for this has been EQing it on my Clip+.
Of course soon after getting the 315s the 215s are in stock a bit here and there, and I am getting mad curious about the actual difference.

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #23 of 23
I have both se215 and se315 phones. I originally bought the 215 about a year ago for around 100eur, duty free at DAP. I've ben happy with them especially with the xDuoo X3 player I got a few months back. I damaged the cord on the 215 and on a recent trip bought the 315 (approx 130eur at the same airport where I also saw the 215 down to 65eur). I've since got a replacement cord for the 215 so I can now compare the two models. Basic difference is that the 215 has more bass (marginal) but the 315 has better definition. The 215 has a warmer, rounder, more old fashioned sound that I like. The 315 is a slightly better package overall. I rate both highly at the price but I think the 215 is better value due to price difference (and at 65eur is a real bargain).

Listenedd to the Blue Nile, Pink Floyd and PIL. On Blue Nile (a very clinical recording) the 215 was more enjoyable but I have had them  longer. I thimk the bass reproduction on the 215 is outstanding considering the low price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back